Author Topic: *NEW* Alesis Strike "Zone" and Stike "Pro"  (Read 183088 times)

Offline Hellfire

Re: *NEW* Alesis Strike "Zone" and Stike "Pro"
« Reply #1400 on: June 08, 2017, 02:34:57 PM »
Well, I just spent some time with my Trigger I/O connected up to my Strike. I can report there is no reason to ever use a Trigger I/O with a Strike module.

Unfortunately the Strike doesn't have all the extra midi goodies that the original DM10 had.   :-\

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #1401 on: June 08, 2017, 03:15:14 PM »
Well, I just spent some time with my Trigger I/O connected up to my Strike. I can report there is no reason to ever use a Trigger I/O with a Strike module.

Unfortunately the Strike doesn't have all the extra midi goodies that the original DM10 had.   :-\

Because it will exceed 200mb per kit , the module is locked with the memory process and streaming, more will likely made issue with latency,  stability, and much more time loading.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 03:17:44 PM by ChrisK »

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #1402 on: June 08, 2017, 05:26:17 PM »

Because it will exceed 200mb per kit , the module is locked with the memory process and streaming, more will likely made issue with latency,  stability, and much more time loading.

Yes, I'm well aware of the 200mb per kit limit and to be honest I had my doubts when I set up the tests. I thought it was worth trying just incase there was something hidden in the module that isn't obvious. What I mean by "isn't obvious" is undocumented features. Which BTW is how most of the really cool stuff on the DM10 happened (by finding undocumented features).

Offline rhysT

« Reply #1403 on: June 08, 2017, 05:36:01 PM »

Yeah glad I've improved the kit/instrument sounds in my DM10 Mk-I module as it provides 35 extra midi notes that I can trigger from my DTX Mujti-12 or MPX-16.
Plus it has other useful features like instant kit switching and preset Comp settings that are lacking in the Strike module.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 05:40:28 PM by rhysT »

« Reply #1404 on: June 08, 2017, 05:59:15 PM »
Axe Music is now shipping both Strike kits.  L&M should follow shortly. 

Offline rhysT

« Reply #1405 on: June 08, 2017, 06:01:29 PM »
Editor should be released in a month, I asked with the Strike Kit Clinic 2 day a go, but we will see if this is the case or later.

I hope Alesis is right about this. So, looking a July… Got my fingers crossed.

Fwiw, comments by Dan Recchia (Alesis rep) in a recent Strike kit demo (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXhDuoevE24) @ 18:15 indicates the instrument & kit editor/s should be functioning OK.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 06:05:01 PM by rhysT »

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #1406 on: June 10, 2017, 07:12:36 PM »
Can someone test this:

Apparently turning Reverb off or FX, kits load faster...

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #1407 on: June 10, 2017, 07:37:59 PM »
Can someone test this:

Apparently turning Reverb off or FX, kits load faster...

In order to do this you need to save the kit as a user kit without the FX/Reverb. I did this and I didn't get the kits to load any faster. FX/Reverb is per kit. It isn't a global setting.

Again, the kits loaded exactly the same with or with out the FX/Reverb turned off.

Offline prentir

« Reply #1408 on: June 11, 2017, 11:55:20 AM »
"Internal memory is 8 Gig."

Wow, twice the amount of the DrumIt Five module. So internally it's a complete new audio engine compared to the DM10 and its 128MB. Gettin' hotter in here... ;)
I'm having a Bo Derek moment  (for those not old enough... see "10")

I am so on the edge of buying the strike pro my only draw back is what would be my impending death when my wife found out! So I may have to be content with the DM 10 X Mesh
Alesis Strike Pro, DW 9000 double kick, DW 9399 Heavy Duty Snare Stand, DW 9500 Heavy Duty 2-leg Hi-Hat Stand plus 2 x DW9700 Cymbal stands and a DW 9000 Low boom Ride Cymbal Stand for expansion. Researching Jobeky 18" Crash & 20" Ride.

Offline forofen

« Reply #1409 on: June 12, 2017, 10:49:23 PM »

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #1410 on: June 12, 2017, 11:16:22 PM »
"Internal memory is 8 Gig."

Wow, twice the amount of the DrumIt Five module. So internally it's a complete new audio engine compared to the DM10 and its 128MB. Gettin' hotter in here... ;)
I'm having a Bo Derek moment  (for those not old enough... see "10")

I am so on the edge of buying the strike pro my only draw back is what would be my impending death when my wife found out! So I may have to be content with the DM 10 X Mesh

This information was "vaporware"  In winter Namm 2016, Alesis employee told this information to someone, strike was not even finished \ working, after they told 2GB internal memory on their web site spec, then removed. The internal memory is 200MB per kits,  for sd cards imports, it's 200mb limits per kits, SD cards total size is the limits to allow each kits.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 11:24:35 PM by ChrisK »

Offline AlanK

« Reply #1412 on: June 18, 2017, 02:02:07 PM »
cool setup although I'm not really a fan of the sounds of any of those kits in all the videos.. maybe it's the recording but all seem synthetic and kind of toy-like metallica...sorry just my opinion but then I'm much more into the old school rock, funk, fusion sound
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #1413 on: June 22, 2017, 03:15:42 PM »
Any news on the Strike instrument software?

Offline forofen

« Reply #1414 on: June 24, 2017, 06:26:01 PM »

Offline forofen

« Reply #1415 on: June 26, 2017, 07:33:36 AM »

Offline forofen

« Reply #1416 on: June 26, 2017, 12:12:19 PM »

Offline forofen

« Reply #1417 on: June 27, 2017, 07:33:05 AM »

« Reply #1419 on: July 05, 2017, 04:40:17 AM »
I received my Strike Pro in Paris (France) yesterday Tuesday, bought from gear4music. I use the standard Strike as the left amount to reduce the location.
The module was already loaded with firmware 1.1.
I have to say, none of the kits provided give me satisfaction. It will be necessary to personalize them significantly. In addition, the hi-hat works erratically.
As such, the sensitivity of the cymbals is not satisfactory.
In short, it is far for now of what I expected: a similar response of an acoustic battery that I use elsewhere.
For info 1: The plug supplied is a US / UK plug, not EU.
For info 2: I ordered it on June 29 at the price of 2366 €, it is currently offered at 2444 € (2499 € at all other sellers of the European continent).
To be continued...

Offline forofen

« Reply #1420 on: July 05, 2017, 07:48:29 AM »

« Reply #1421 on: July 06, 2017, 04:30:08 AM »
Hi all,

I'm waiting my Strike Pro that would come today  :)

... but I read some messages ago it was not possible to use a trigger I/O with this module? I planned to extend the Strike Pro with some gears of my old DM-10 but it will not be possible?

« Reply #1422 on: July 06, 2017, 04:50:37 AM »
To continue my previous message:
After spending some time reading the manual (in English, not translated into French), I made some adjustments on the hi-hat and it improved. But I have not yet arrived where it is necessary to arrive.
On some kits provided, the cymbals react correctly but why is not the case on many of them? I'm disappointed to spend a lot of time personalizing them especially without editing software.
To listen to the last video shown by forofen, it seems that this Strike reacts more satisfactorily than mine ???

Offline forofen

« Reply #1423 on: July 06, 2017, 07:26:32 AM »

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #1424 on: July 07, 2017, 11:47:48 AM »
Check Alesis web site download tab:

NEW! Strike Performance Drum Module
    *Firmware Update v1.2Coming Soon -Update required for use with the Strike Editor Software
    -Strike Editor Software for WindowsComing Soon
   - Strike Editor Software for OS XComing Soon
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 11:57:02 AM by ChrisK »