Author Topic: Question re: side mount triggers  (Read 1066 times)

Question re: side mount triggers
« on: January 31, 2018, 10:01:19 AM »
Hi to All!  I've spent a great deal of time reading this wonderful forum and let me begin by thanking all of the contributors. You're trial and error has saved me a significant amount of pain when converting my DM10X to mesh heads and reaearching for other projects!

I'm in the planning process for an A2E on a 14" mapex Meriden (birch) snare and am considering various options for a side-mount trigger.  I'm strongly considering buying the following from quartz (link below) and fabricating a bracket as this would save some money and I really like the way that the 1/4" jack mounts to the side of the drum without any need for drilling etc. Some of the other pre-fab options (triggera, jobecky) either require a conversion jack or the need to run your wire into the drum itself or both, an idea I'm not overly fond of.

So I'm wondering if anyone here has done anything similar and if the "conical' high-density foam gave u the triggering response  u wanted? I understand that for a side mount, there is allegedly a much better triggering response with a cylindrical foam piece as part of the setup. All advice and comments welcome. Cheers

http://www.quartzpercussions.com/product-page/dual-zone-35mm-trigger-with-connector
DM10X- Hellfire/Gerdy mesh mod
In the works: A2E 14" Mapex snare
Considering: upgrading to Laurin drums shellpack