Author Topic: Better Dynamics with AD2  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Mr.J.

Better Dynamics with AD2
« on: November 05, 2017, 01:02:43 PM »
Hey Gang

I'm ruining my DM10 thru my laptop with Addictive Drums 2 on it. I'm using the AUX out on the brain (setting instead of MAIN out.)

I would like to get better dynamics, better low/soft volume hits and higher punchy hits, all dependent on force of stick strike. Doesn't seem to be too much middle right now.

Tried a few things on both the DM10 module and within Addictive Drums 2 but I would rather spend my day playing tunes than playing with settings. I'm looking for a simple answer (if there is such a thing)....ie, it's the module....no it's the software.

Should I be concentrating on the setting of the DM10 module or the setting within Addictive drums? Maybe it's a combination of both? If the settings on the module have no effect on how it plays thru Addictive drums at least then I know where to put my effort.

Thanks all.

Offline korakios

Re: Better Dynamics with AD2
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 02:59:05 AM »
Look for the velocity curve on DM10 settings . Set it to linear for full dynamic range .
If it's still limited then you may have to lower the gain until you get max velocity on hard strikes
Hope it helps :)

Offline Mr.J.

Re: Better Dynamics with AD2
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 07:58:11 PM »
 It's actually a combination of both, linear is of course best however both the unit and AD2 must have their volicity setting highest.

As well, to repeat what I read (wish I knew who wrote this so I could thank them) turn your volume higher than your normal listening level so when you play with normal strikes it's at the volume you like and then with harder hits the volume will go up, super dynamics.

On a end note, I messed up my kit so bad it was unplayable and had to do what we all fear doing.....setting it back to factory defaults...doesn't play all that bad now actually.  And thank goodness I remembered how to set it so that kit 100 is my start up.