Author Topic: DM10 MKII PRO KIT -- my little video  (Read 3039 times)

Offline Pier

DM10 MKII PRO KIT -- my little video
« on: October 27, 2017, 04:12:35 PM »
Hi all guys, long time no see...

Last August I bought one of the very first (if not THE first) DM10 MKII PRO KIT ever in Italy (that's where I live).
So, after a little toying, I found a way to shoot a short video of myself playing on a kinda-chill-out music base that I found (it was one of the demos of an "ancient" music software).
No effects -- just a basic mix of base and drums. The good news is that you can watch it in HD (1080p) and have a good sound, so if you have a good pair of headphones or speakers...
Needless to say, I'm very happy with my new toy -- very playable, sturdy and with great sounds. Less features than the "old" DM10, but you can read all the differences in their user manuals, correct?  ;)

OK, here's my 3 minutes of drums; hope you'll like it  ;)

https://youtu.be/BMRIEvp6O3Q

Online Hellfire

Re: DM10 MKII PRO KIT -- my little video
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 05:35:39 PM »
Nice video.

Now there is finally a video of the DM10 MKII Pro Kit on the net!

BTW, your playing is great!

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 07:15:20 PM »
Nicely done. Excellent technique and dynamics.

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 12:41:21 PM »
I thought the playing was very smooth and dynamic, excellent job and very cool video.

Offline Pier

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 05:08:14 AM »
Thanks for the kind comments guys! Glad you liked it  :)

Offline VandalX

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 01:48:09 PM »
Nice video, Pier. Glad to see someone playing the MK II Pro! I just received mine and will one day post a video of my (hopeful) progress.
Alesis DM 10 MKII Pro (with Tama Iron Cobra double). Pearl Export acoustic. Fostex VF160EX Digital multitrack (16). Fostex monitors. Roland TR-626 drum machine. Roland Juno 106 Poly synth. Aria Knight Warrior. Peavy Fury. Digitech GNX3000. Digitech RP360. Tascam Porta 05 four track. MacBook Air.

Offline Pier

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 03:10:55 PM »
Thanks so much; looking forward to see your video(s)!  ;)

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 11:23:14 AM »
I really enjoyed that.

Offline Pier

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 04:02:56 PM »
Thank youuuu! :-)

Offline Dartanbeck

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 01:56:22 PM »
Very Cool!!!
Congrats on the New Kit!!! Sounds great!
Drum Forever, my friend!  ;)
Alesis DM10X Mesh - Laurin Drums & Cymbals - Strike Module
Dartanbeck.com Digital Artist

Offline Pier

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 02:17:37 PM »
Thanks a lot, very kind!
Yeah man: drum forever -- I couldn't agree more  ;)

Offline Dartanbeck

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 03:28:37 PM »
Preparing for tonight's rehearsal as we speak!

I was kinda late to the game (e-drumming) and didn't really know what was going on in the marketplace. I got a DM10X Mesh kit jst before they disappeared from online stores, etc.,

I've had it almost a year now and just love it!

But I've been mostly busy playing gigs and rehearsing, with only an hour here, half-hour there, to work with it except for my initial few days to get it all set up for the first gig with it - which was when I designed my "Gig" kit in it.

It's gone through some changes here and there, but it's mostly still the same kit.

Well just recently I've had a little time to come to this forum and start digging around a bit - so I've been going to practice a half-hour early (I'd go earlier but the studio is always in use - so I can't) to experiment with the new knowledge I get from these fine folks.

As it turns out, I had my sensitivity, threshold, etc., settings all messed up. Now my kit is playing even better than the kit I had already fallen in love with! LOL

Anyway... just sharing some e-drum stories! LOL

It's super cold here in Wisconsin right now. Perfect time to get to my kit and rock out for a few hours! ;)

Offline Dartanbeck

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2018, 01:20:46 AM »
So it's been a few months since you've acquired this kit, how do you like it?

Seems like a silly question. It sounds really great in your video and, while the manual doesn't really elude to much about how great the module might be, but there's this thread: New Dm10 MarkII Pro Kit, where I noticed that you were actually waiting for this kit to be released so you could buy it - so I'm really glad you got one!

But I'm wondering if you have anything to share in regards to customizing the built-in sounds (voices) for the drums and cymbals, etc., that might help folk who are 'on-the-fence' as to whether they want to buy this kit, or to look at something else?

I noticed some cool new features (in the manual) like snares tension and some new stuff for cymbals and such. Did you play with that stuff at all or is that a preset right out of the box?

I know on my DM10X Mesh, I'm not using a preset, but built my own kit from the internal sounds right away, and I've been tweaking the kit every once in a while and, in the DM10 module, it's a lot of fun.

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2018, 10:49:57 AM »
I just got mine last week and am still learning the best set up options. My first edrum kit.....So far so good, but have to learn to get the cymbal action to be closer to real ones.....any tips would be appreciated......