Author Topic: Connection problem from DM10 module to Laptop, Driver needed??  (Read 2611 times)

Offline humpty27

Hi Everyone, i have a problem with the connection as this few days i'm trying to update my Alesis DM10 Module. I notice the connection has failed when no progress during the update. I open the Device Manager and seem like the exclamation mark is on the USB midi interface port which is guess there is no connection between my laptop and the module. Even i try to update the driver and still failed me.

FYI, I'm running window 10 and 64 bits OS. Anyone here know when can i get the DM10 module driver to solve this issue?

Offline prentir

Re: Connection problem from DM10 module to Laptop, Driver needed??
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 10:43:26 AM »
Hi Everyone, i have a problem with the connection as this few days i'm trying to update my Alesis DM10 Module. I notice the connection has failed when no progress during the update. I open the Device Manager and seem like the exclamation mark is on the USB midi interface port which is guess there is no connection between my laptop and the module. Even i try to update the driver and still failed me.

FYI, I'm running window 10 and 64 bits OS. Anyone here know when can i get the DM10 module driver to solve this issue?

Others my knowledgeable than I on the DM10 can correct me here but, I read on the Alesis support page that there is no driver necessary as the interface is a generic class USB.  That said I am not finding any reference to upgrading the DM10 using the USB.  I did it on my Strike and it needed no driver.  Alesis provided and upgrade program that recognized the Module and I was away.

I am using Windows 10 64bit also.  The driver for the USB is Microsoft's. I assume you are using the USB and not the Midi in DIN sockets.   Alesis recommends opening device manager so you can see the offending USB. Pulling the plug from the module for 10 to 20 seconds. You should see a change in state of the USB, then plugging it back in.  If it still looks weird I'd suggest pulling any other USB from the PC and rebooting. Then try inserting the module only.   I use a surface pro 3 and sometimes I have had interrupt issues when too many conflicting devices are installed at once... I have real trouble with bluetooth connections this way.

Do you have an updater app from Alesis?  Did not see any reference to it on the Alesis site.

Sorry I can help you any more. :-[
Alesis Strike Pro, DW 9000 double kick, DW 9399 Heavy Duty Snare Stand, DW 9500 Heavy Duty 2-leg Hi-Hat Stand plus 2 x DW9700 Cymbal stands and a DW 9000 Low boom Ride Cymbal Stand for expansion. Researching Jobeky 18" Crash & 20" Ride.

Offline humpty27

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 12:29:10 AM »

Others my knowledgeable than I on the DM10 can correct me here but, I read on the Alesis support page that there is no driver necessary as the interface is a generic class USB.  That said I am not finding any reference to upgrading the DM10 using the USB.  I did it on my Strike and it needed no driver.  Alesis provided and upgrade program that recognized the Module and I was away.

I am using Windows 10 64bit also.  The driver for the USB is Microsoft's. I assume you are using the USB and not the Midi in DIN sockets.   Alesis recommends opening device manager so you can see the offending USB. Pulling the plug from the module for 10 to 20 seconds. You should see a change in state of the USB, then plugging it back in.  If it still looks weird I'd suggest pulling any other USB from the PC and rebooting. Then try inserting the module only.   I use a surface pro 3 and sometimes I have had interrupt issues when too many conflicting devices are installed at once... I have real trouble with bluetooth connections this way.

Do you have an updater app from Alesis?  Did not see any reference to it on the Alesis site.

Sorry I can help you any more. :-[

I've tried few times plugging & unplug the USB cable but nothing happen at the device manager. Still the unrecognized by the OS. Kinda lack of ideas here but maybe i have to contact alesis support for my problem. Never update the module since i bought it on 2011.

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 03:26:18 PM »
I think I had the same thing happen.  My crappy laptop was begging me to allow an update.  When I did it no longer recognized my module.  I was the last straw, I switched to another Windows 7 laptop.  Have not done anything to rectify the issue, other than using the other laptop.

Was yours after a Windows update?