Author Topic: Anyone had experience with Jobeky E-Cymbals and Alesis Module?  (Read 2090 times)

Offline prentir

I am considering adding Jobeky crash and china to my Alesis Strike Pro. I did not find any info on Jobeky's site to give any clues as to whether they would be compatible. Anyone had any experience with Jobeky ideally on the Strike but failing that any other Alesis brain?
Alesis Strike Pro, DW 9000 double kick, DW 9399 Heavy Duty Snare Stand, DW 9500 Heavy Duty 2-leg Hi-Hat Stand plus 2 x DW9700 Cymbal stands and a DW 9000 Low boom Ride Cymbal Stand for expansion. Researching Jobeky 18" Crash & 20" Ride.

Offline Sharkuel

Re: Anyone had experience with Jobeky E-Cymbals and Alesis Module?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 09:30:40 AM »
Hey there.

From what I see, these cymbals are quite similar to the Alesis Surge Cymbals/Smart Trigger setup. But I am not certain, tho if it has a swich and a piezo, it will work most of the times. Unless they have some kind of weird switch set up that may not detect the choke or something.
Megadrum 32 inputs with positional sensing add-on.

Cone centered DIY triggers in snare and toms.

8" racktom
10" racktom
12" racktom
14" floortom

Roland VH13
Lemon Cymbals

"Life is short, death is near, but one's word lives forever

Offline prentir

Re: Anyone had experience with Jobeky E-Cymbals and Alesis Module?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 09:46:07 AM »
Thanks Sharkuel, I believe all but the Hi-Hat has been tested on earlier Alesis modules.  I received a note from Jobeky today that they think the cymbals would work, they are not sure of the Hi-Hat though, and they could not be certain until they tested it on a Strike module.

From what I read they don't use a switch and piezo...
Alesis Strike Pro, DW 9000 double kick, DW 9399 Heavy Duty Snare Stand, DW 9500 Heavy Duty 2-leg Hi-Hat Stand plus 2 x DW9700 Cymbal stands and a DW 9000 Low boom Ride Cymbal Stand for expansion. Researching Jobeky 18" Crash & 20" Ride.