Author Topic: Finally got my hands on a DM10X  (Read 1475 times)

Finally got my hands on a DM10X
« on: March 14, 2017, 07:36:11 PM »
Hey guys new to the forum but an antique drummer :D.

I play both acoustic and e drums.  I have also converted an older cheap garage sale find acoustic set to electric and used a Alesis trigger i/o and dm5 brain for them.  I have been waiting and waiting close to 10 years to get a real e-set.  Bought a cheapo one off ebay 8 years ago to play around with at home and let my kids play on.  I finally found a great deal on a Alesis DM 10X and pulled the trigger.  For years i have read and read and finally got one at a heck of a deal from a church.  It has the mylar heads.  Thats the only downside but switching them over will not be a prob.

Great group here with lots of info.  Look forward to learning from you all.

Jesse

Offline korakios

Re: Finally got my hands on a DM10X
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 07:30:44 PM »
Hello and welcome :)
You will find many different and useful ways for converting to mesh in this forum plus there are some interesting mods if you are into DIY ! I also bought the same set recently (mostly I play the bass) and was surprised by the noise of the mylars.  ???
I don't have any problems with neighbors, but the stick noise was loud enough and could easily hear it over the headphones . Also I could feel the sticks rattling on hard hits, but I have to admit that mylars look very nice and will miss them! (already bought mesh heads)

Offline Guinness

Re: Finally got my hands on a DM10X
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 06:19:17 PM »
Welcome