Author Topic: Use stock hi-hat as splash?  (Read 1273 times)

Use stock hi-hat as splash?
« on: March 07, 2017, 12:47:41 AM »
Hey all - long time lurker, first time poster  :)

Just ordered a new DM10X Mesh kit from Kraft with Pro-X Hi-Hat... This will essentially render useless the 12 inch hi-hat cymbal that comes stock with the kit.

I've read that some expandability is possible, at the expense of a zone. Can I use this as another cymbal? Maybe a splash? Will it require the loss of a zone?

Thanks!
Alesis DM10X Mesh Kit w/Pro X Hi-Hat & DW 3002 Double Kick

Offline Iggford

Re: Use stock hi-hat as splash?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 09:55:58 AM »
Hey all - long time lurker, first time poster  :)

Just ordered a new DM10X Mesh kit from Kraft with Pro-X Hi-Hat... This will essentially render useless the 12 inch hi-hat cymbal that comes stock with the kit.

I've read that some expandability is possible, at the expense of a zone. Can I use this as another cymbal? Maybe a splash? Will it require the loss of a zone?

Thanks!

I have the DM10 Studio Mesh Kit, and recently upgraded to the Pro-X Hi-Hat.  The 12" hi-hat that comes with the kit can certainly be used as another cymbal.  I use it as my second crash, as I really didn't like one of the crash cymbals that came with my kit.  I actually made this switch shortly after purchasing my kit.  I started using my old Roland hi-hat in place of the included 12" pad, allowing me to move the pack-in to my second crash.  It works as well or better than the existing 12" crash!

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 11:26:18 PM »
That's great to hear! Thanks for your reply  ;D
Alesis DM10X Mesh Kit w/Pro X Hi-Hat & DW 3002 Double Kick

Offline Iggford

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 01:19:38 PM »
No problem at all!  Good luck to you!