Author Topic: Mapping the “change kit” action to a trigger on Alesis DM10  (Read 1433 times)

Mapping the “change kit” action to a trigger on Alesis DM10
« on: January 30, 2017, 04:02:33 PM »
Hi all, sorry if this has been asked somewhere, I've tried to google it but was unable to find an answer.

Is there a way of mapping the "change kit" action to the triggers on the Alesis DM10? For example I would like to map "move 1 up/next" to the kick trigger so when I kick it, my drum preset goes from 5 to 6. I'd like to use this to be able to quickly and easily switch the kit (using the volume up/down or the dial is clunky, slow and not really practical).

I feel as if I read somewhere a few months ago that this is possible, but now I can't figure out how to do it so I'm starting to think it might not be possible and that I got it wrong. Thanks.

Offline rhysT

Re: Mapping the “change kit” action to a trigger on Alesis DM10
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 10:34:59 PM »
Just responding to some incorrect info on the other Alesis support site: http://community.alesis.com/alesis/topics/mapping-the-change-kit-action-to-a-trigger-on-alesis-dm10
(Update: the original response has been corrected).

The DM10 manual (p24) reveals most trigger inputs can be assigned to select next or previous kit/s and I've used Perc-4 input to increment my kits, as the trigger settings apply to all kits.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 06:53:19 PM by rhysT »

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 05:13:11 PM »
Oh man, thanks so much. I feel a bit silly now for not finding this in the manual. I looked under wrong sections. Thanks a lot, cheers!

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 06:02:11 PM »
Every time you hit the kick pad, your drum set goes up on to the nex kit? That could be interesting.
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 10:43:37 AM »
:D

I ended up setting it to the 4th tom rimshot.. I thought I would be able to set it only for a single kit, but this sets it up for all of them.. it will have to do, better than nothing. :)

Hopefully I won't keep hitting the rim on accident too much. =)