Author Topic: DM10 ride problem...  (Read 6157 times)

DM10 ride problem...
« on: September 15, 2015, 04:15:44 AM »
Hi,

I know this topic was open several times but I can't fopund help on all I read..
So, it's now more than 3 hours than I try to configure my ride without any success.
I try in piezzo mode and also switch with no more sucess.
My ride work but my bell don't or my Bell work everywhere and not my ride.
BTW, when I try to put the ride in 2 mode it still need to have 2 plugs to work. I really don't understand
Can someone give me his configuration of bell and ride trigger to see if it's not my hardware having problem?
Thanks for your help because I become crazy... ;)

A french new user of DM10

Offline ClaudioCas

Re: DM10 ride problem...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 11:31:19 AM »
Try to switch the 2 cables in the ride.
The dm10 ride is switch type, 3 zone mode.

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 01:54:02 PM »
Hi,
Thanks a lot for your reply but I've already try this. When I do it the 3 zone ride do not work.
I first I only whant settings of user's ride of DM10... Only settings in the first step :D
Please give me your actual settings... :):):)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 04:42:23 PM by Nairolf »

Offline Trondster

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 12:55:31 AM »
Set it to switch and 3 zone mode. Make sure both cables are attached. See if you can get the choke working - if not, then swap the two cables.

To get both the bell and bow to work you need to fiddle with the trigger settings. It is the combination of the trigger settings that will determine the triggering - not a single change alone. You'll probably need a zone xtalk of 4-5, and then experiment with the sensitivity of both the head and rim zones.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 04:07:39 AM »
Thanks a lot for your help... I also try every tests without out any success... In switch, in piezzo, in 2 zones mode, in 3 zones mode. Nothing work proprely. Of course I will try this evening your recommendation And really thanks for taking time to help me.
But actually I just want to try the same settings of one user who have is ride working well.
So pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaase just give me settings. I promess Iwill do nothing wrong with it. ;D ;D ;D
I really don't understand why is so difficult to share settings. I also ask the same question in other forum and nobody give me his settings.
So if someone could give me his settings  that will be very helpful.
Thanks a lot and best from France.

Florian

Offline ClaudioCas

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 09:54:44 AM »
Dear Florian. The settings are no usefull if you have other issue.
The ride should work with 3 zone, switch mode.
Try to use 2 different stero cable, try to change cables and make sure you use the right input in the dm10 module.
If you check all this, the ride can be damaged.
Claudio [from Italy]

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 10:55:10 AM »
Thanks a lot. I have change cable, that not change anything.
But I'm agree with you... If I try other settings and if it's not work I probably have a hardware problem but.... No one want to give me his settings.
I really hope that one user (just one) will give me his settings. If someone can do that he will be a god for me. :)
I think it's more easy to enter in fort knox than having settings! :D :D :D
So, please, can a user give me his settings just to help me making a test.
Thanks to him in advance.

Offline Trondster

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 11:31:28 AM »
Could you please give us your trigger settings for your ride?
I have a different ride than you, so my settings wouldn't help you.
You need to experiment. And, it's no good to change just one setting - it is the combination of all the settings that determines the triggering - you may have to change the sensitivity of the head and rim at the same time.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 11:33:55 AM by Trondster »
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 11:36:15 AM »
yes sure I can do it... As soon as I be back to home (in 3 hours) I'll put them here.
But, perhaps there is one DM10 user who have a 3 zone ride cymbal and who accept to give me his settings. I'll probably build a statue of him in my garden! :):):)

Ps: sorry for my poor english :'(
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 11:38:26 AM by Nairolf »

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 02:23:48 PM »
here is my actual setting...
RideBow
Xrcv: 05
Xsend:06
retrigger: 09
Threshold: 20
RideBell
SWITCH
Xrcv: 06
Xsend:05
ZoneXtalk: 06

Thanks for giving me your settings

Offline Trondster

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 02:37:46 PM »
Xtalk send and xtalk receive of 6 are a bit high, but shouldn't be the problem here. What are the sensitivity settings?

Your settings here seem to be fine - try juggling different combinations of the head and rim sensitivities and see if you can find a sweet spot.

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 04:03:56 PM »
Sorry I forget Sensitivity....
Bow: 20
Bell: 99
And thank you very much for taking time to help me....
The problem here is 3 times on 4 the bell make Bow sound...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 05:48:39 PM by Nairolf »

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 05:54:54 PM »
I also try with sensitivity for Bow at 1 but it the same

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2015, 03:51:45 PM »
So nobody can share his configuration with me...
Ok I understand probably these settings is very importante information that can't be share.
I just not realize this, sorry :(
Thanks of all people who try to help me. That was very kind...

Offline Trondster

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2015, 05:05:24 PM »
I have a different ride than you - I have a surge ride, which is piezo/piezo.

You should have a lower sensitivity than 99 - you should (as I stated earlier) try different combinations of sensitivities for the two zones - try somewhere 20-50.

But - first you should make very sure that you gave set it to three zone and switch, and that the choke works. It should be connected with two TRS "stereo" cables.

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2015, 05:49:03 PM »
Hi the choke works well and the ride is connected in 3 zone mode with 2 TRS cables. I've try both test on switch and piezzo.
BTW thank you very much for your great help.
I probably buy another ride to see if I've got an hardware probleme. If I have settings I could test before buying but these settings it's too hard to have. :(
Thanks a lot trondster!!! :) :) :)

Offline rhysT

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2015, 08:15:00 PM »
Hi,
I know this topic was open several times but I can't fopund help on all I read..
So, it's now more than 3 hours than I try to configure my ride without any success.
I try in piezzo mode and also switch with no more sucess.
My ride work but my bell don't or my Bell work everywhere and not my ride.
BTW, when I try to put the ride in 2 mode it still need to have 2 plugs to work. I really don't understand
Can someone give me his configuration of bell and ride trigger to see if it's not my hardware having problem?
Thanks for your help because I become crazy... ;)

Hey Nairolf, I'm a bit curious what you mean by "My ride work but my bell don't or my Bell work everywhere and not my ride".

This ride cymbal bell repair (http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=5777.0) got me wondering if a fracture in the flat cable could cause intermittent operation of the bell trigger.

It's a good reminder not to hit the bell too hard on the left hand side (above the ride cable connectors).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 08:21:35 PM by rhysT »

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2015, 05:07:09 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for this link but my ride cymbal is under warranty (only one month old) so I probably send it to be replaced.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Florian
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 05:22:21 AM by Nairolf »

Offline Trondster

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2015, 07:17:04 AM »
Try bumping the zone xtalk up to 7.
Try to juggle the two sensitivities against each other to get a consistent triggering - you may have to reduce both sensitivities a bit.

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2015, 04:18:18 AM »
I've bought a new ride cymbal and still have the problem (less but it's not 100% OK).
Do you know another forum where I can ask settings of Alesis users?
Thanks for everyone who can help me...

Offline rhysT

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2015, 08:08:40 AM »
If you switch between the DM10 ride cymbal sounds, there are only a few that have usable bell sounds, like H HvyStk 21".
So to boost the bell sound level on some ride cymbals try mixing 'Big Stick' on their B-layer and adjust the tuning and level.

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2015, 09:33:50 AM »
Thanks... But now I just want to find a drummer who can share its settings . It's now more than 3 weeks than I try configuration without any sucess.
So, is someone know another Forum where I can find some user of DM10? Perhaps one of them will accepted to share his settings with me...

Online AlanK

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2015, 10:22:12 AM »
http://community.alesis.com/alesis/products/alesis_dm10_x_kit

and sorry, I meant to check my settings but been sidetracked with family duties.. I actually hardly use the module alone anymore, I tend to run Addictive Drums where I get better sounds and response for the most part. I have no problem sharing the ride settings at all, I just haven't been able to get the time but I promise I'll do it by at least by the weekend, k? Keep hope  :D
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 10:28:00 AM by AlanK »
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline rhysT

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2015, 08:03:08 PM »
If you switch between the DM10 ride cymbal sounds, there are only a few that have usable bell sounds, like H HvyStk 21".
So to boost the bell sound level on some ride cymbals try mixing 'Big Stick' on their B-layer and adjust the tuning and level.

Trigger settings prob'ly won't improve a low level ride bell sound by much, as its switch action doesn't detect stick velocity. Also the bell and bow levels can't be adjusted separately, so adding an extra B-layer sound is an easy way to make/fake a louder bell sound.

Can you let us know if the H HvyStk 21" ride bell sounds OK (or not) with your trigger settings?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 03:17:15 AM by rhysT »

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2015, 01:41:24 PM »
Alank... Thanks a lot for this link but I also try to ask settings on this forum  with no more success... But if you give me your settings (at the end of the week end that's not a problem) wou 'll be a heroe for me.
Thanks a lot

Florian