Author Topic: Strike module tricky voice editing. Version 1.4  (Read 1390 times)

Strike module tricky voice editing. Version 1.4
« on: August 20, 2018, 11:43:45 AM »
Hi There!

Just got my new Strike Performance module which is replacing my DM10 MKII PRO Module on the DM10 MkII Pro 10-Piece Kit.
Sounds amazing and quite happy. Makes all the mesh pads on my DM10 MkII kit come to life.

One thing I have noticed (after updating module to V1.40) is when I'm editing any of the voices (INST >PRESET/USER) I really have to watch the TRIG window cause it tends to jump to another TRIG while in the middle of scrolling down the list.
This can be quite annoying especially for example when you're looking for another Tom 1 Head and as you scroll down the TRIG window all of a sudden changes to Snare Head and before you know it you've actually set a Tom voice to your Snare settings. You then have to either go back to your Snare trigger and find out what it originally was, or go back to default and try again. At times the behaviour is so erratic, I have to leave it for another time.
So just wondering if it might be still a little buggy? Cause once you set the TRIG you're working on, it shouldn't be jumping to another TRIG?

Anyone notice the same issues when editing voices?
ALESIS Pro Kit w/upgraded Strike Performance Drum Module.
NO cymbals for precise quiet playability [2-Roland PDX-6", 1-Roland PDX-8"mesh pads as HiHat, Crash, Ride]. AKG K52 Closed-back headphones.

Offline Purpledc

Re: Strike module tricky voice editing. Version 1.4
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 06:23:32 PM »
You shouldn't have it jump to another trigger unless you press note chase.  When note chase is activated and glowing on the module you will select that trigger by playing it or accidentally tapping it.  But if you are just sitting there and note chase is off and you manually select a trigger and go to edit it and it changes on you that should not happen. 

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 09:57:57 PM »
Thanks. I think that does seem to work!
I just tried it a couple of hours ago. With the note chase on I can select my pad, but leaving it on note chase is when things are too sensitive and for some reason the trigger can change.
But once the trigger is chosen, I deactivated note chase, and you are right...I can make changes without the trigger changing on me!

Thanks so much for your help on this!
Much appreciated!
Eric
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 09:59:39 PM by eheyblom »
NO cymbals for precise quiet playability [2-Roland PDX-6", 1-Roland PDX-8"mesh pads as HiHat, Crash, Ride]. AKG K52 Closed-back headphones.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 01:27:05 PM »
Hi Eric, that's exactly what I encountered on my DM10.. any movement near the heards or cymbals could cause the Note Chase to end up on another trigger and suddenly you've messed up your settings or the voice you wanted so I also quickly found that I'd use the Note Chase to get to the head or rim or cymbal and then toggle it off until I was ready for the next drum or cymbal to adjust.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 05:28:06 PM »
Thanks Alan!

Makes for such a great module to work with!
I've only had the Strike module for about a week now, and only have good things to say about it! Saw the Roland TD50 setup up here at our local music store today with the $6,000 plus price tag on it. Couldn't help but think I paid almost 1/3 the price for my ALESIS DM10 MkII Pro Kit Premium 10-Piece w/upgraded Strike Performance Drum Module, and if you ask me the feel and sounds are that much better.
I've sat behind the TD50 many times only to be turned off by the harsh sounding Roland samples. I know its a personal thing, but to my ears I now feel like I'm on an acoustic kit.

Eric

Offline AlanK

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 04:18:08 PM »
totally agree, any time I try a Roland at a store I'm dissatisfied. Mind you I've never tried the flagship models so maybe they're better but I'd take my Alesis with tons of cymbals and drums at a couple thousand over Roland's pricey gear any day
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers