Author Topic: Kick Drum and Bouncing Bass Pedal  (Read 3231 times)

Kick Drum and Bouncing Bass Pedal
« on: September 23, 2016, 11:07:05 AM »
Help with Kick Drum and bouncing peddle. I purchased the DM10 X Mesh Kit and using a Gibraltar pedal. When I push down on the pedal, it strikes the pad, bounces off, and triggers again. I have tried to loosen the drum head with no success. Other thoughts?

Offline AlanK

Re: Kick Drum and Bouncing Bass Pedal
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 02:27:16 PM »
Could loosen the mesh a bit, or add a head protector patch, or loosen the kick spring(s), or adjust the length of the beater in its socket, I'd think less bounce if it's farther out but it also may start whackin ya in the shin, lol
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline eratz

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 03:36:40 PM »
Is your threshold set to high?

I had the same problem...Just had to keep tweaking the threshold and re-trigger settings.
DM10X, Trigger I/O, Billy Blast II Ballistech Heads, Dampened Rack, Custom Tennis Ball Isolation Riser, Simmons DA200S,  Scarlett 2i2, Roland BT-1, Pintech Dingbats x2, DW 3000 Double Pedal, Extra Alesis Ride, Additional Alesis Crash cymbals, Roc-n-Soc Drum Throne.

"Hit 'em hard and hit 'em often

Offline Dobly

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 01:29:57 AM »
Help with Kick Drum and bouncing peddle. I purchased the DM10 X Mesh Kit and using a Gibraltar pedal. When I push down on the pedal, it strikes the pad, bounces off, and triggers again. I have tried to loosen the drum head with no success. Other thoughts?

This can be a technique issue. Many players try to plant the beater into the bassdrum. That is hit it and leave the beater there.. Imagine doing that with a drum stick on a tom.. Do you leave the stick on the head, or pull it away every hit?

This is how i 'play' the bassdrum. Have the pedal spring such that when you rest your foot on it the beater sits a little way off the head. Now hit the bass drum and return instantly to that position.

Do some single, double, triple whatever patterns with the bass drum. Do some parradiddles or six stroke rolls between your bass drum and left hand. Then right hand.

Learn to use your ankle to 'play'. Don't just stomp your leg on the pedal.

Your hand could hit the bassdrum or any other pad without a 'double' stroke right. So should your foot.

Offline Mr.J.

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 01:32:26 PM »
Hi everyone

My very first post and it is a helpful one, I joined thinking this is where I would be able to only ask questions.

I have had my DM10X mesh kit about 1 month now and I also experienced double bounce on the kick. Drove me crazy.

I loosened the mesh head of the bass drum and voila, no more double bounces.

Ok 1 - 0 for me. I get one free question now.  ;)

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 07:07:44 PM »
I have tightened the spring for the pedal and still get some bounce.  Also handed to depress the pedal.  Need to try loosen the head and try some more combos.  Thanks.

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 06:24:44 AM »
Have you tried to invert the position of the hammer?