Author Topic: Alesis DM Lite VS Roland, HD-1, HD-3 or TD-1K?  (Read 3701 times)

Alesis DM Lite VS Roland, HD-1, HD-3 or TD-1K?
« on: August 18, 2016, 05:53:04 PM »
I have a very small house and therefore; do not have any room for my acoustic kit. Too loud for neighbors, etc. I am looking for a very small electronic kit, compact kit. I was looking at a used Roland, HD-1, HD-3 or maybe a used good shape TD-1K. Also the Alesis DMLite intrigues me. Is it in any way comparable sound wise to any of the three compact Rolands I listed? The Alesis DMLite does not look like any of the Medeli kits but the Nitro, DM6 do. The reviews overall for the Alesis are good. Of course I have never heard of a bad Roland review. Not sure if Roland across the board is significantly better than Alesis. Need help. Thanks, Ger.  ;D

Offline ClaudioCas

Re: Alesis DM Lite VS Roland, HD-1, HD-3 or TD-1K?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 03:32:38 AM »
I think that DmLite and roland that you have mention are very entry level drum.
In past I had alesis dm6 and it is really basic drum. The module is horrible, bad quality sample, no trigger adjust (sensibility, threshold, gain...) and the pad are all 8".
You should consider to buy a better drum with a little more money.
A dm8 is a great choice (choke on crash, dual zone ride, snare 10"). There is also the "pro" version with pad in mylar.
The dm10 is absolutly a great product. The studio version is smaller (10" snare + 4x8"tom) the X version is fantastic with 12" snare, 2x10" tom and 2x12 floor tom with the feeling near to the acustic drum...