Author Topic: Ferris Beuhler's Weekend Off!  (Read 1286 times)

Offline AlanK

Ferris Beuhler's Weekend Off!
« on: March 04, 2016, 03:49:16 PM »
Not sure if this is the wrong spot to post...

OMG! The wife is away this weekend on training course.. I've got the van, I've got my drums! I've got beer in the fridge, shots.. the works! What am I gonna do first? I'm so excited I'm like a teenager set to party on a Friday night! hahahahaha

Oh, but I've got the kids...damn! 16, 17, 19, 21.. they'll be coming and going, some may need a ride here or there.. pick this one up from work at 11pm, drop that one off at a friends.. so much for getting skanking drunk. Damn.. But gonna play those drums, that's for sure!! Maybe I'll even play live through the PA.. wake up the neighbours, drive the kids nuts..hahaha.. maybe I can get a buddy or two over to jam.. ok, can't get that crazy loud, but hey, we could headphone jam..and drink beer (I'll get the oldest to take an Uber back from her work, yeah, that's the ticket).. pizza..cold ones.. let's play some Zeppelin and knock down a wall !!!!

Whoo hooooo! Note to self.... ok, maybe there won't be any partying and crazy loud jamming... at least I should try to record something.. do a cover.. be at least semi productive??

Second note to self... next tme wife goes away on job training..have her take kids with her... 8)
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Re: Ferris Beuhler's Weekend Off!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 05:39:19 PM »
If the wife is away, its time to invite some buddies over and jam as loud as you f'ing can (until 10pm anyways)...ha ha, and just bring a tray of shots and a coller of beer to the jam studio so you don't have to stop to get a drink.  Ha Ha, have fun whatever you do!

Re: Ferris Beuhler's Weekend Off!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 12:28:41 PM »
 ;D sounds productive and a great exciting read!
posts like this make me wanna keep tweeking this kit
this is my first Ekit and im in love, ive played lower models before simmons sd5k,yamaha hydrid
im the same way im like a lil kid again..
 ive had my dm10 studio mesh for a lil under 2 weeks now..
literally been tweeking minor things to get it exactly right.
played with xtalk,crosstalk,zones.etc etc
ive created and stored my first kit(painless)
i have jumped feet first into this kit
i bought a new laptop just for it
downloaded trial versions of
DAWS AND VST to play with for a few weeks before i purchase.
been researching how to sample in other drum samples from other kit and companys.
made a custom off set hi hat stand out of a old mic stand (looks kill)
i have also made another custom stand for my next mods (also looks killer)
next mod(s)
this week:
focusrite scarlette 2i2 with plugins and included ableton live lite
and a 5 channel mixer which are on sale right now for 39.99 behringer.
I AM AMAZED!
THE MORE I READ HERE AT DMDRUMMER THE MORE IAM LEARING AND WANT TO DO with this kit!
now i think about it i will need to order 2x dm10 mounting plates and rack clamps to mount
the interface and mixer..
thanx for this read it's nice to see someone as excited as me to be rocking an alesis
im very excited to get recording, my bro in cali already pestering wondering when immaking my first cover vid lol
but yeah sorry to mini thread jack i had too this post was a great read.