Author Topic: Crimson owner and new member  (Read 2769 times)

Offline DAFFYDRUNK

Crimson owner and new member
« on: February 08, 2016, 05:25:56 PM »
Hello all. I'm actually more of a hobbyist guitar player but always wanted a drum set. After hours of research I ended up with the Alesis Crimson kit, a Ludwig Atlas standard pedal, Gibralter round throne and some Zildjian 5A nylon tipped sticks with this rubber coating at the end for extra grip. It's been years since I messed around on a drum set, but I think I'm already making progress. I also have Addictive drums and all the drum stuff that comes with Komplete 10 ultimate, but haven't hooked the thing to my recording PC yet. Ultimately, the plan is use the drums to create drum tracks instead of my keyboard. For now, the kit is out in my man cave area where I can watch drum lessons on you tube.

Thinking about getting an Atlas standard hi hat stand to go with my kick pedal and the Alesis Pro-x kit modded by using the original hihat "cymbal". Solves 2 problems. More realistic hi hat and I can use the Pro x top for a second crash cymbal by the "floor tom". Wouldn't be against other options instead of the pro x that might be better quality though...

Cheers.

Alesis Crimson kit, Ludwig Atlas Standard pedal, some cute purple drum sticks. Now all I need is talent.

Re: Crimson owner and new member
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 11:18:33 PM »
Welcome to the site!

Hope to hear your personal review and opinion on the Crimson kit. This site is pretty amazing too, tons of info.

Offline DAFFYDRUNK

Re: Crimson owner and new member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 09:54:25 AM »
Welcome to the site!

Hope to hear your personal review and opinion on the Crimson kit. This site is pretty amazing too, tons of info.

So far I really dig it but I'm not sure my newbie drummer opinion means much yet. My only real reference is a former drummer roommate I lived with for a couple years. Spent a lot of time playing his drums. So far I'm already missing the 2nd crash and wonder if I should get more realistic hi hat setup before I get too used to the existing setup.
The Crimson module has 2 extra inputs for another crash and Tom. Already "simulated" using the existing hi hat as a second crash and it will work fine. 2nd crash input is not the same set of samples and is slightly lower in pitch, which is good. As for the high hat, I've read mixed stuff about the pro x, and wonder if I should step up to a Pintech Visulite setup. That's a little over $500 with a budget stand though. Looks cool but maybe a bit rich for my blood right now.

Alesis Crimson kit, Ludwig Atlas Standard pedal, some cute purple drum sticks. Now all I need is talent.