Author Topic: Partial factory and extension sound banks missing after BFD3 3.2.2.2 install  (Read 1872 times)

Hey all!

Had something odd happen, and am hopeful this is the correct forum.

I installed the latest BFD3 update a few hours ago, and the majority of my soundbank isn't showing up in BFD3, even after successfully searching for, and activating, all relevant file paths. Furthermore, hats, toms, cymbals, and percussion show not existence. Even after resetting BFD3, reloading my custom kits, I had a handful of snares, floors, and something else (i can't recall what), I show up with none of the kit pieces I noted above.

Audio didn't work at first, but appears to be user error. I'm not a wiz with this Mac yet. lol

I'm running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.1.

Thanks for any help you can offer, and let me know if I should move the tread to another forum here. Thanks again!

Offline Chaser

Hey all!

Had something odd happen, and am hopeful this is the correct forum.

I installed the latest BFD3 update a few hours ago, and the majority of my soundbank isn't showing up in BFD3, even after successfully searching for, and activating, all relevant file paths. Furthermore, hats, toms, cymbals, and percussion show not existence. Even after resetting BFD3, reloading my custom kits, I had a handful of snares, floors, and something else (i can't recall what), I show up with none of the kit pieces I noted above.

Audio didn't work at first, but appears to be user error. I'm not a wiz with this Mac yet. lol

I'm running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.1.

Thanks for any help you can offer, and let me know if I should move the tread to another forum here. Thanks again!
FXPansion can be a pain...I had similar when updating Windows...yellow triangles/exclamation points everywhere.I had to rescan and in some cases de-authorize and re-authorize

The 3.2.2.2 update came out the same week as High Sierra 10.13...late Sept
10.13.1 came out on Oct 31.
So chances are the developer hasn't caught up...contact support at FXPansion, more than likely they are working on a fix.
I know people that are having the same issue with expansions...Geist and 10.13.1
The problem sounds like the earlier one with kit pieces dissappearing when changing profile in preferences...3.2.2.2 was supposed to correct it.

With audio/video software it's always best to check with software developers before updating OS

I can accept a few bugs. I’ve had similar problems with software/hardware/drivers in the past.

In this case, FXpansion has publicly stated that BFD3 is compatible will High Sierra.

I wonder if a clean install is necessary to achieve full functionality.