Author Topic: blue jay sound library  (Read 2319 times)

blue jay sound library
« on: April 23, 2012, 08:12:44 AM »
Does anyone know how I can buy the blue jay sound library here in the U.K? Despite me sending six E.mails over the last four weeks too the website as instructed on the alesis site, I have not recieved a reply. Is this typical, are they not interested in making any sales? maybe they are just ignorant and dont care. Has anyone had a similar experience and did they resolve it? I'd be interested to hear any comments. Phone calls to Numark here in the U.K just refer me back to the alesis website.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 08:14:29 AM by recklessrog »

Offline vaikl

Re: blue jay sound library
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 10:37:50 AM »
Just search for *my* personal experience on buying BlueJay... ::)

It's more than disappointing that the same trouble happens to other customers, even after more than a year and promises from Dan@Alesis to streamline their sales department on this issue.

Maybe you could get in direct contact with their online order management company:

inMusic, LLC
866 NE 20th Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
Phone: 954.761.7550
Email: info@inmusicsales.com

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 11:26:35 AM »
Hi, thanks for the info, but that is the e.mail address that Alesis directed me to in the first place and they just dont respond  :'(

Offline vaikl

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 04:47:17 PM »
Did you see my posting after I had success with my download?

http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=924.msg8719#msg8719

Maybe some of the steps could be useful in your case too.

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 06:01:53 PM »
Well thanks for that, it seems that Numark/Alesis are selling products with false promises, one of the main reasons for my purchase of the Dm10 was that sound libraries would be available, and if I cant get it because I happen to live outside of the U.S then they are seriously miss-representing the capabilities in the advert and possibly contravening the U.K sale of goods act that is supposed to protect customers from this sort of thing. I think a call to trading standards is in order and if it turns out that I cannot get the library witout resorting to subtefuge, then my kit is going back for a refund and compensation. I take this sort of thing very seriously as it is not the first time ive encountered problem with american companies who try to think they can impose american standards in other countries. They are obligated to abide by OUR trading laws if the sell in the U.K. I shall pursue this to the bitter end!!! are you listening Alesis?

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 12:45:51 PM »
Hi,  I'm not sure if this will help, but I got contact details from Alesis in the UK.  See below.

sstarr@inmusicsales.com  (Sherry Star)

I e-mailed Sherry asking to buy the BlueJay drum sound library and she sent me a paypal invoice for $49.00 (approx £32.00).  She then confirmed my payment and sent me instructions to download my purchase from the Alesis website, but you will need to register first, so she can add the download link to your account.

I hope that helps.

Just be aware, that the Bluejay sound library replaces your existing library, so make a backup first if you have custom kits, as you can always revert back to them later.  There is a distinct lack of sounds other than the main kits, i.e cowbells, chinas, tambourines etc.

Let me know how you go?

Keith

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 04:07:35 PM »
Thanks, I'd begun to wish I'd never started, I did contact Ed Collins at Numark and he said he would contact America and find out what was going on, but ive not had time to follow that up yet.
     I'l try your route and see how I get on.
 Regards, Roger :)