Author Topic: Alesis Studiodock...interesting!  (Read 3585 times)

Offline dwdrummer

Alesis Studiodock...interesting!
« on: January 14, 2011, 01:02:15 AM »
More cool stuff from Alesis...

"The StudioDock is the first device that enables anyone with an iPad to create, produce, and perform music with virtually any pro audio gear or instruments. The StudioDock is a universal docking station specifically designed for the iPad, and it gives musicians, recording engineers, and music producers the connectivity they need to create and perform with iPad. Connect all your pro audio gear to virtually any app in the App Store with the StudioDock."

"The StudioDock provides microphone and instrument users with two combination XLR and 1/4-inch inputs, each with its own gain control and switchable phantom power for condenser microphones."

http://www.alesis.com/studiodock

Here's a pic from NAMM
'http://www.flickr.com/photos/harmonycentral/5352354493/in/photostream/
DM10 Studio, Roland SPD-S, ddrum Red Shot bass drum trigger, 5 pc. DW Collector series, Mac Mini

Offline dwdrummer

Re: Alesis Studiodock...interesting!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 01:14:53 AM »
"Producers can use the StudioDock’s MIDI jacks to sequence external keyboards, samplers, drum machines and synthesizers, or perform using the StudioDock as the sound module and their favorite MIDI-compliant keyboard, drum pad or other controller."

...I might have to get an ipad now :)
DM10 Studio, Roland SPD-S, ddrum Red Shot bass drum trigger, 5 pc. DW Collector series, Mac Mini

Offline dwdrummer

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 01:30:48 AM »
Sorry Hellfire, should have posted under "other Alesis Equip."

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 01:53:45 AM »
If toontrack (or anyone for that matter) makes an app that can run on the ipad and use my SD2 kits I will be buying this for sure. Definitely need to see if our Apple rep passed on my request for an ipad version of garage band.

Offline dwdrummer

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 02:00:12 AM »
A simplified recording version of garage band on the Ipad and this interface would be killer!

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 12:03:38 PM »
Here's a video of it:

Alesis Studio Dock

They only thing I can't figure out is, alesis claims midi but I don't see it on the device.  :-\

Update:

I see the midi now. It is on the one side of the device that they show for maybe a second. :D (look about 0:01, looks to have a midi in, out, and USB)

Have another video:

Alesis StudioDock for the iPad
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 12:08:41 PM by Hellfire »

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 01:26:59 PM »
Here's a price via Sweetwater.com

Alesis StudioDock = $199.00

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 08:35:37 PM »
If you go to the website and zoom in on the left side picture of the device it shows the midi in and out ports, right side has the volume knob and headphone jack. Would buy it in a heartbeat at $199 provided there was some low overhead software interface I could plug my SD2 sounds into.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 12:21:10 AM »
Looks very interesting.