Author Topic: Greetings from Georgia  (Read 2620 times)

Greetings from Georgia
« on: May 16, 2010, 01:14:21 PM »
Have my Alesis DM10 Studio Kit on the way after selling my acoustic kit several years ago, I have thought about the electric kits to continue my passion for drummming.  I looked at Yamaha, Roland, and Alesis and ultimately decided on Alesis for the DM10 module, its capabilities, and expansion possibilities, and to be honest the real head feel.

Do not like the stiff feel from Yamaha's kits, and while I may convert to mesh later on, I initially like the tension and feel from the real heads. 

This site was a great resource on deciding on pulling the trigger and I plan on using it from this point on for ideas and new products.

Thanks,

Chris Blair

Offline Pier

Re: Greetings from Georgia
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 04:53:15 PM »
Hey Chris, welcome to this board!

Being a new DM10 Studio kit user myself, I can confirm that it's a good choice since you like the real heads response.
Looking forward to see pictures of your new kit when you'll get the chance to put your hands onto it!
Have fun, bye

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 07:09:17 PM »
Hey Chris Welcome  :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 05:26:43 PM by Metal Music »

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 08:37:22 PM »
Welcome aboard Chris. Let us know how you like the product once you get it.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 01:04:58 PM »
welcome to the forums.  :)

Offline ghostman

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 02:05:26 PM »
Welcome, and don't be afraid to ask questions.  Just try to read a bit to see if it has already been addressed.. ;)
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Offline eugenecp

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 04:35:32 PM »
welcome!  the new guys in the boards are "lucky" as we've already covered a lot of topics and addressed several questions...

but i'm sure there are more things to ask and share....

DM10 Pro Kit, Tama Iron Cobra Jr Double Bass Pedal, Tama 1st Chair HT530E5, Tascam US-122 Audio/MIDI interface