Author Topic: Mylar to Mesh Head - Question  (Read 1386 times)

Mylar to Mesh Head - Question
« on: November 20, 2017, 05:08:09 AM »
I have a DM10X ans just changed my heads from mylar to the 682 mesh heads.  What a difference.  It seems like when you hit a head the sound last too long.  Is there a setting that will shorten the sound once you have hot a head?  Hope this makes sense.  Thanks

Offline rhysT

Re: Mylar to Mesh Head - Question
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 02:47:48 PM »
I have a DM10X ans just changed my heads from mylar to the 682 mesh heads.  What a difference.  It seems like when you hit a head the sound last too long.  Is there a setting that will shorten the sound once you have hot a head?

Try adjusting the Decay setting for each instrument sound as per the Op manual (p-10).

Btw, have you resolved the problem with your erratic DM10 sounds?

Offline Chaser

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 03:07:11 PM »
I have a DM10X ans just changed my heads from mylar to the 682 mesh heads.  What a difference.  It seems like when you hit a head the sound last too long.  Is there a setting that will shorten the sound once you have hot a head?  Hope this makes sense.  Thanks

When you changed to mesh did you also update the module firmware to the DM10X with mesh heads?

http://alesis.com/products/view2/dm10-x-kit-mesh

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 05:34:04 AM »
RHYST, I did get things sounding good by just going to each drum and changing settings.  But since I went to mesh heads things are a bit different.  Thanks Chaser I will certainly give that a shot.

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 05:45:38 PM »

When you changed to mesh did you also update the module firmware to the DM10X with mesh heads?

.  There are two downloads for triggers. Should I do both?

Offline Chaser

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 05:59:43 PM »

.  There are two downloads for triggers. Should I do both?

I see Alesis still hasn't fixed the text being cut off..
V1.00a-mesh heads with Realhat pedal only
V1.01b-mesh heads with Pro-X Hi Hat only

check your firmware version. You probably have the original version for Mylar heads.
Update it 1st
DM10 – Firmware Updates [posted 9/22/2014]
• Boot, App, Trigger, and Sound ROM firmware updates that improve overall performance of the DM10 module
• Increases sensitivity, reduces the possibility of crosstalk, and enhances system stability
• Adds default trigger settings for the DM10 X Kit Mesh and the DM10 Studio Kit Mesh drum kits

Then do the trigger update

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 06:14:55 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 06:22:59 PM »
I'll give it a shot tomorrow and let You know. Thanks

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 06:36:45 PM »
Also I am getting a real high hat / stand tomorrow. Guess I should wait until it comes in?