Author Topic: kick trigger  (Read 1269 times)

kick trigger
« on: July 13, 2017, 11:43:39 AM »
hi guys thinking of adding double kick pedal. now I know the nitro kick trigger has a small target area so I was thinking of getting a second kick trigger and another kick pedal then using a cable splitter to connect both triggers on the same cable. anyone have any thoughts as to whether this will work?
or should I just connect to the tom 4 input and designate this as a kick drum
thanks in advance
lottl

Offline Chaser

Re: kick trigger
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 03:29:54 PM »
hi guys thinking of adding double kick pedal. now I know the nitro kick trigger has a small target area so I was thinking of getting a second kick trigger and another kick pedal then using a cable splitter to connect both triggers on the same cable. anyone have any thoughts as to whether this will work?
or should I just connect to the tom 4 input and designate this as a kick drum
thanks in advance
lottl

Do you already have a Double Kick pedal?..
You could also consider a StealthKick....It's a small Kick trigger that doesn't take up much space, interconnects to existing kick trigger and is still available..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alesis-StealthKick-II-Bass-Kick-Drum-Trigger-with-Inverted-Beater-/232029895773?epid=1503486749&hash=item36060f3c5d:g:52YAAOSwIgNXmcZd

Offline Iggford

Re: kick trigger
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 10:25:03 AM »
If this helps, here is what I did on my DM10 kit. 

I wanted a double bass setup, but am on a tight budget at the moment, so I can't put money into a double kick pedal just yet.  However, I was able to get a killer deal on an additional single pedal, the same model as the one I already have. 

I have a mesh snare from my old Roland kit, and I attached it to the other leg of my rack and split my kick input.

For me, this is hopefully just a temporary solution, but it works very well for my setup.  The music that my band plays doesn't call for a whole lot of double bass, and I am still in the learning stages of the technique, so once I start being able to use it more, I'll eventually upgrade to a double pedal.

I hope this at least helps as you work out your solution!