Author Topic: Alesis DM10 Studio Mesh Kick - Bass Kicker Issues / Trigger / Feedback (newbie)  (Read 1515 times)

Hello all,

I am new to the alesis forums. I signed up because I need some help, please.

The issue is with my bass kicker pad. It is triggering itself, oh so slightly. When powering on the drums it says to unplug the drums or do not touch them when I power it on, which I have to skip by pressing okay.

Once the drums are on the bass kicker is sending signals to the module telling it to play a noise. The module icon for the bass kicker flickers, and sometimes stays off for 20 seconds to flicker again. Not once have I successfully powered on the drums without it saying the error.

Has anyone had this issue before? Or know what is causing it?

Thank you.

Offline rhysT

Just try increasing the Kick trigger threshold setting a small amount to stop the random mis-triggering (refer to DM10 O/M p-25) 

I tried this, and it didnt work :/

To be precise, it is kick 2 is the issue, kick 1 does not act as if hit..?

Perc 1 is not avail when ride is set to 3-zone mode (is what im getting on module) ... I recently moved my drums and had to unplug some stuff, maybe I dont have it hookep up right? But it all seems to be right to me. Maybe im missing something?

Can someone hook me up with a connection diagram for the module?

Thanks

Offline korakios

You could try
- changing the cable with one that you know it works from other pad
- if this doesn't work connect another pad to kick input
- if that doesn't work , you have a problem inside the DM10 module kick input .

But if it works ( connecting other pad to kick input) 99% your kick pad has problem with the piezo and you have to re-solder your self or go to a technician (most probably he would not charge you at all)
1% is that the female jack has a loose cable.

Random triggering plus non working pad indicates that a cable is 'on air' with no piezo attached
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 02:54:04 AM by korakios »

You could try
- changing the cable with one that you know it works from other pad
- if this doesn't work connect another pad to kick input
- if that doesn't work either you have a problem inside the DM10 module kick input .

But if it works ( connecting other pad to kick input) 99% your kick pad has problem with the piezo and you have to re-solder your self or go to a technician (most probably he would not charge you at all)
1% is that the female jack has a loose cable.

Random triggering plus non working pad indicates that a cable is 'on air' with no piezo attached

Wow great answer. I really appreciate it man.

I tried a different cable to it already, no change. I will try a different pad.

You may be onto something with the loose connection needing to be re-soldered. I am good with soldering & small electronic circuits, to some degree! Is it possible you can provide me with instructions or a digram to help me find the part that may be "loose" and need re-soldering?

Is it possible to open the module, and check all cables/female jacks are wired solid in position without damaging it?.. again, diagram/instructions is much preferred as I don't want to wreck anything further...

If worst orst comes to worst I gues I'll have to source a new module or kicker?.. :(

Thanks for the help! <3

Offline korakios

If the problem is on the kick you can simply open the kick pad and have a look at the piezo. It has 2 wires that must be soldered . Let's see first if the kick pad has the problem ( hopefully ) instead the module it self.
Is it a Mylar pad? You could check Mr Dobly's photos at

http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=6784.0

If the problem is on the kick you can simply open the kick pad and have a look at the piezo. It has 2 wires that must be soldered . Let's see first if the kick pad has the problem ( hopefully ) instead the module it self.
Is it a Mylar pad? You could check Mr Dobly's photos at

http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=6784.0

okay for some reason it must have been to do with how I had it all hooked up, because I changed a few things around and now it all works fine.

I am happy :)