Author Topic: Crimson : triggering custom inputs & hidden menus  (Read 1163 times)

Crimson : triggering custom inputs & hidden menus
« on: March 09, 2017, 11:49:11 PM »
It would seem that the crimson supports two add-on pads/cymbals. I was able to use some old Guitar Hero cymbals to trigger each input which was great and gave me a couple of extra basic triggers for things like cowbells and shakers etc But I realised I might be able to combine the two triggers into one as the inputs support duel zones triggers and so freeing up one of the inputs for even more expansion. At first I thought it just used the left and right stereo and so cobbled together a cable which split the stereo into two mono inputs but still only one of them is triggered so I am assuming I am doing something wrong. Can anyone enlighten me about how to wire this up?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 10:47:33 AM by sonicsam »

Offline korakios

Re: Crimson : triggering custom cymbles
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 08:36:18 AM »
Maybe the stereo input you tried is set to piezo/switch instead of piezo/piezo?
 (The extra inputs are mono)

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 09:33:46 AM »

Yeah I looked at this and don't see a way to change the type in the module, the hats are both piezo (I am guessing, just cymbals from the guitar hero game so pretty basic / low quality), So I guess one of the channels will only respond to a switch signal which is why it is not triggering (I can get it to trigger if I slightly pull out the phono plug but not hitting the cymbal pad), It would be good if it was possible to change this trigger preset, it is probably possible but maybe in a hidden service menu or something or maybe I just missed it.

(The extra inputs are mono)

It is basically a two mono jacks to one stereo jack, the two monos are plugged into the cymbals and then combined into stereo (one left and the other right) into the module.

Offline korakios

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 10:25:22 AM »
It is basically a two mono jacks to one stereo jack, the two monos are plugged into the cymbals and then combined into stereo (one left and the other right) into the module.

Which input you use on the module?

Re: Crimson : triggering custom inputs & hidden menus
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 10:46:30 AM »
Which input you use on the module?

Eureka, I had it plugged into the crash cymbal input and your comment made me change it to the tom input and both channels now work. Not perfect but at least movement in the right direction.

So both channels work now with different sounds. Seems a shame you can't alter the trigger of the cymbal rim channel AFAICS.

One thing I have been trying to do is find some engineers menus. So far I have the following.

hold up, down & power  = hidden systems test menu
hold left, right & power  = factory reset
hold Record, Start/stop & power  = some prompt with serial and date inputs but cant do anything after

Offline korakios

Re: Crimson : triggering custom inputs & hidden menus
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 01:11:25 PM »
I don't own a Crimson set, by reading the manual and watching some videos it felt like a DM10 downgrade. Wish Alesis released a Crimson'X' set  8) . Although many people seems to be happy with the Crimson and prefer it over the old DM10.

Anyway enjoy and thanks for sharing the hidden menus!