Author Topic: How did you find out about DMdrummer.com?  (Read 18690 times)

Re: How did you find out about DMdrummer.com?
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2011, 08:24:29 PM »
   Thanks for the welcome Hellfire. What about my question concerning the correct card for loading samples?
   By the way, it was your tutorial on changing to mesh heads that inspired me to get into drumming more. I have had an Alesis DM5 Pro kit for a while, but I never really took the time to learn drums. It was only around so my friends that play would be able to come over and we could jam. Now, I haven't even touched a guitar, in a few weeks because I am getting into the drums so much.

Cheers, Rich

Online Hellfire

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2011, 08:51:57 PM »
   Thanks for the welcome Hellfire. What about my question concerning the correct card for loading samples?
Not 100% sure. It's been awhile. I believe it just needs to be a Type 1 PCMCIA card but, you may want to do a web search on that.

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2011, 01:56:50 PM »
I was working in the bush with satellite net for a 6 week shift. I've always wanted to play drums, and I've been playing guitar for 10 years or so (19 in total but some years off after having everything stolen). I started doing research on what drum kit I could have in a quiet environment and I hit the dm10. After researching the kit this site popped up more frequently than the official site, and I read up on the kit. You do more for advertising than Alesis does imo, you should get a cheque!
DM10 Studio with 2 extra 12" cymbals - Roland Mesh - Tama Iron Cobra HP900 double - Steven Slate 3.5 - Resolve A5 Monitors - KRK 8400  - Ibanez H.R. Giger (EMG 81/85)- Dean 7 String Razorback - Line 6 HD500 - Sonar X1 Pro

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2011, 04:46:28 PM »
Hello, my name is Mikko.

I was interested in all drum diy things on youtube and saw the mesh conversion video by hellfire. :) One thing led to another and now I've just gotten my DM 10 studio! Alesis should really support this site as it drags the customers to the products.

DM 10 covers all the important things in life: 1. Unboxing and building was a blast, like lego for adults. 2. The joy of playing an instrument and creating music. 3. It presents challenges to the picky tuner guy that I am. It's never perfect <--- a good thing.  ;)

Great value for money like no other e-drum (at least considering Europe/Finland standard). I bought mine for 880€ including studio headphones, drumsticks, a throne and a bass drum pedal from Thomann.

;D

Offline drumday

« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2011, 06:09:14 PM »
Welcome, Eyeghost.  Pretty cool stuff & furum, eh?  :P

I'd be a little put off or skeptical if I saw an Alesis sponsorship or even an advertisement.  They have an employee here and I know that he takes what is said about their products seriously and will champion for us when things come up. 

Great testimonial to the DM10 Studio - the 3 important things in life.  I can relate!  Being an oldie, instead of Legos, I was thinking Lionel train set...
DM10 Studio 2011, BBII mesh conversion w/ resistors left in place, Simmons DA200S, ProMark 7A nylon, Sennheiser HD280 headphones, Gibraltar rack, Camco double pedal.

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2011, 03:02:24 AM »
Hi all,

I've just registered to be a proud member of this forum after being convinced to buy a DM10 studio by the Hellfire mesh upgrade videos. They did such a good job of convincing me, I actually bought the kit and did the upgrades (with Pearl muffle heads) without even trying the out of the box mylar configuration first (call me crazy!).

I've actually upgraded ( ;) ) to drums from being a bass player for 10 years, so I'm not actually any good yet, but with the new mesh set up, I can practise much longer without upsetting anyone! :D

Aza.

Alesis DM10 Studio - Hellfire mesh upgrade w/Pearl Muffle Heads

Offline drumday

« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2011, 10:12:31 AM »
Welcome, Aza.  I admire you're diving into the deep end.  My BBII heads arrived on Thu, my DM10 Studio arrived on Friday, and the BBII heads are in the box.

Great forum, lots of sharing so wheels are needlessly reinvented.
DM10 Studio 2011, BBII mesh conversion w/ resistors left in place, Simmons DA200S, ProMark 7A nylon, Sennheiser HD280 headphones, Gibraltar rack, Camco double pedal.

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2011, 06:47:08 PM »
Thanks drumday, I must admit it's not like me to deliberately void the warranty less than a day after receiving an expensive piece of equipment, but I really did trust everyone on here, and the Hellfire video just made it look so easy and worthwhile!

Can't wait til time and money permits me to delve a little deeper into these forum posts and use them to help me start making my own triggers!

Aza.
Alesis DM10 Studio - Hellfire mesh upgrade w/Pearl Muffle Heads

Offline drumday

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2011, 07:16:31 PM »
Time & money.  Ah yes.  HF has me thinking about the Trigger I/O...

« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2011, 11:46:37 AM »
Like many others here it seems, I came across the site while doing some online research on edrums to help me select the right kit to purchase. I spent a good few weeks researching and re-researching, so I honestly dont remember now if I hit this site first, or Hellfire.com, but either way, I found it (them) to be a great source of info, and ultimately decided to go with a DM10 studio kit.
Thanks, and keep up the great work with the site(s)!

« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2011, 01:03:53 AM »
Got lucky Googling "Alesis Forums"!

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2011, 03:37:57 PM »
good ol' google, searching for Alesis info
DM10 Pro kit, Mesh Heads, Quad Kicks, Dampened Rack, Extra Roland Crashes.

« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2011, 11:00:07 AM »
I stumbled on this forum by doing a search on why my dm10 module transmits aux line in,, to the main outs of my dm10. It seemed like people here had a clue about things so I signed in.

Offline einarabelc5

« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2011, 05:31:20 PM »
freedrumlessons.com

We have an Alesis thread there. but I found about the kit a month before that started.

narongkorn

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2011, 09:27:56 AM »
 :)Yeah some dude spammed my forum :o

Offline fulrmr

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2011, 01:27:38 PM »
Hmmm...I was sure I posted in here befroe but I didn't see it anywhare? Anyway...I was pointed this way by Phil's posts at the vdrums.com forum when this site first went up. Very nice site it is too. Good job Phil...nice community too. :)

Couldn't figure out how to vote in the poll though :(
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 01:30:15 PM by fulrmr »

Online Hellfire

« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2011, 03:02:46 PM »
Hmmm...I was sure I posted in here befroe but I didn't see it anywhare? Anyway...I was pointed this way by Phil's posts at the vdrums.com forum when this site first went up. Very nice site it is too. Good job Phil...nice community too. :)

Thanks fulrmr!

It looks like the poll is still active. I think you have to access the poll for the first page of the topic. Its been so long I don't remember myself.  ;D

Update:
under the poll results there should be an option called "VOTING OPTIONS". Clicking on that should let you vote in the poll. Now, you may have already voted in the poll. If you did, you will not get the option to vote again. Maybe you remembered voting in the poll but didn't post in the topic? Just a thought. I hope that helps.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 03:06:43 PM by Hellfire »

Offline fulrmr

« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2011, 03:50:11 PM »

Thanks fulrmr!

It looks like the poll is still active. I think you have to access the poll for the first page of the topic. Its been so long I don't remember myself.  ;D

Update:
under the poll results there should be an option called "VOTING OPTIONS". Clicking on that should let you vote in the poll. Now, you may have already voted in the poll. If you did, you will not get the option to vote again. Maybe you remembered voting in the poll but didn't post in the topic? Just a thought. I hope that helps.

That must be it! Thanks HF!

« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2011, 03:59:25 PM »
Hi,

I'm back. I bought my DM10 Pro back from the guy I sold it too. Bargain price :-)

Still in mint condition. Think he used it less than I did!

So. BlueJay........

Where do I buy in the UK?

I hope it re-kindles my original interest.

Bob

Offline gorgatron

« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2012, 09:29:37 PM »
hello everyone! i recently acquired a DM10 studio kit. i've played guitar for over 20 years, but only have about 3 years worth of drumming experience - and always with someone else's kits. i leanred on an old Alesis e-kit back in the mid 90s, and when i decided to get a kit for my tiny project studio, i opted for the DM10, since it seemed to have a good reputation as starter kit. when i was researching the kit, i found a lot of useful info at this forum, and now have decided to register, so i can take part in discussions, and as everyone a bunch of questions of the sort a noob would ask. lol  this is a good forum, though, in all seriousness. when i can't find what i need at Alesis, i find it here. i also like the fact that the advice given here is usually pretty straight forward to where even i can make sense of it. it's also the about the only forum i've found that has info on using the DM10 with Propellerhead's Reason from people with first-hand experience. it wasn't very reassuring, but i know now what i'm up against. since i'm new to this kit and drumming, this site immediately became an indispensable go-to source. i'm very glad it exists and look forward to being a part of the community. i'll try to exhaust the handbook first before throwing out any stupid questions...but don't be surprised if i lob one out once in a while. lol  oh, and i also apologize in advance for my tendency to write lengthy posts. it has become a running joke in just about every other forum in which i'm involved. Thanks for having me!!! 8)
Alesis DM10 Studio - modified Trondster dampened rack, Hellfire mesh head conversion on toms and kick, converted 1971 14" Ludwig 303 snare w/ aluminum shell - cone + rim piezo conversion; alternate between Stock and Blue Jay Roms, BFD2, Reaper, Reason 6.5

« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2012, 03:33:28 PM »
I came from a site that had a review of the dm10 brain, really can't remember the name of the site.......

« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2012, 10:37:41 PM »
Total newbie to drumming.  If I were any greener, I'd be a fetus.  Always wanted to play and finally pulled the trigger on the DM8 Prokit at 36.  Luckily, my wife is a huckleberry.  ;)

Love the forum and am thankful y'all put forth the effort to put this together.  Thanks to all for such an amazing resource and community!

As I end all my emails at my corporate job, "Party on..."

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2012, 10:31:13 AM »
I got here after researching an electronic kit to supplement my acoustic kit. I came across HellFire on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3kHsEP0p9M

« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2012, 05:44:45 PM »
Hi guys...newbie to e-drumming, in fact, my DM10 is not arriving till tomorrow but I'm so excited about it.  Glad I found this forum...via internet search..hope I can solicit tips and tricks on coming days. 

« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2012, 02:20:07 PM »
top of my search for "alesis drum forum" In fact, I'm pretty sure this site aggregated all of the top hits.

with Alesis dropping the price on these things, you really need to get a bigger server :D. Maybe have a spot of Ion players and gaming drummer grads.
DM8 pro!