Author Topic: Upgrade FORGE KIT  (Read 3355 times)

Upgrade FORGE KIT
« on: March 13, 2017, 07:15:23 PM »
Hello. I wanted to buy the Alesis Forge Kit but I have two doubts:
If I want to upgrade the kit by placing two more cymbals and replacing the snare drum and bass drum with a mesh type, is it possible?
Does the module support two more cymbal pads and the snare drum / bass drum mesh?
Are these equipment sold separately as a kit, ready to assemble?

Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 07:24:48 PM by mtoscano »

Offline DannyM

Re: Upgrade FORGE KIT
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 02:45:37 PM »
Hello. I purchased the original Command Kit from Guitar Center back in August 2016, and am very happy with it, mesh snare & Bass, but same module as the Crimsom & Forge. Then they came out with the Command X, same kit but with an extra cymbal, and red color accents. If you plan on upgrading, the cash may be better spent on going with the Command X if you can come up with the extra money, but at least you will be half way there  to meet your goal with mesh snare & mesh bass, extra cymbal, and under company warranty for at least a year if something goes wrong. . Then just add one more cymbal. I wish I would have went with the Crimson, all mesh, but I had a limited budget, so I had to get the best I could with what I had. It is a very good kit though.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 06:27:41 PM »

Thank you for your help.
The best option would be to get halfway and buy the COMMAND. In Portugal COMMAND has the cost of 800 €. In Guitar Center COMMAND X (with one more cymbal) has the same price, however do not send to Portugal, nor can I find in my country this version of COMMAND.
This way, I would only have to buy a double pedal and was satisfied with my kit for 800 €.
Do you know any online stores where they sell COMMAND X?

Thank you!

Offline DannyM

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 01:40:37 PM »
Hello . I just found this at Sweetwater, never heard of it until now, but for the price, this would be a fantastic kit. I would get it myself If I did not already buy the Command kit. Click on the shipping link once you get to the page and it has a number you can call. They may be able to arrange shipping for you in Portugal.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DM10StudioMKII

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 06:30:37 PM »
Thanks for the advice and help. However, they do not ship to Portugal. This kit also does not exist for sale in Europe. The most similar is the DM10 X which has two floor tombs but is more expensive.
I have to wait for COMMAND X or DM10 X to be available in Europe ...
Thank you.

Offline korakios

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 08:22:43 PM »
@mtoscano

If you plan using VST sounds you could check the Millenium MPS-750 on thomann.de. I haven't played with this set but from reviews the negative is the
-sounds of the module (but no needed for VSTs)
-built quality (especially the plastic mechanism  holding the pads)

but people enjoy all mesh heads, three zone ride , crashes with choke plus the superb price.

https://www.thomann.de/pt/millenium_mps_750_e_drum_mesh_set.htm

I emailed Thomann some time ago and got some extra info
-only open/close hihat
-2 extra piezo inputs
-(updated info) no rim/bell velocity (type is switch)

I didn't buy the kit ,but got a used dm10x mylar kit instead ,which I mod currently (very slowly for center/edge articulation!) .
Maybe you could check for a cheap mylar dm10x kit to fit the budget plus mesh heads and convert the kit yourself . The DM10X kit is sold out on most stores in Europe and is replaced with Alesis Crimson Mesh Kit .
Hope it helps :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 06:46:19 AM by korakios »

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 07:13:51 AM »
Thanks for the help and tips!
I will wait for an Alesis kit that has 3 cymbals (ride and 2 crash) and with a price under 1000 € be available on Europe.
I hope it will be soon ...

Offline korakios

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 09:34:39 AM »
You could wait for a b-stock kit Crimson kit (one that was returned from unsatisfied customer) and then buy an extra cymbal :)