Author Topic: DM10 Mesh controller fails if the room gets a little warm  (Read 1150 times)

DM10 Mesh controller fails if the room gets a little warm
« on: January 23, 2017, 03:38:48 AM »
Also fails if I turn it off then back on. I can see the trigger indications on the display, and everything seems right electronically, but no sound comes out.  If I turn it off for an hour and come back, it works.  And recently, my 2 crash cymbals wont trigger if I hit the snare at the exact same time - this happens even if I use factory kits that I haven't screwed with.

InMusic support wasn't helpful as the unit is out of warranty. Any thoughts? I have done the trigger calibration etc, as per the Alesis video. Purchased the unit used in May 2016.

Re: DM10 Mesh controller fails if the room gets a little warm
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 03:04:23 PM »
Hello philwells,

just because I had a similar problem half a year ago...can you still hear the play-alongs and metronome when you have no sound on the drums?
I figured out that I had a cold soldering connection at the volume controlling poti. It only failed when the unit got warm. Try to check if you have no sound on all of the outputs, then.

The cymbal / snare issue probably can be solved by turning down the sensitivity of one of the affected instruments a bit and make shire that you don't active mute-groups or muting via midi settings. is the crosstalk send /receive set to the lowest level?