Author Topic: Alesis CompactKit Bass Drum Pedal Mod  (Read 4491 times)

Alesis CompactKit Bass Drum Pedal Mod
« on: January 01, 2017, 02:18:12 PM »
Hello!

I just got an Alesis CompactKit 7/Medeli DD315 drum set and so far I'm lovin the hell out it. However I do find the pedals (especially for the kick drum) too hard to get used to and my foot is looking for something that is closer to a real kick drum pedal.

Do you happen to know any alternatives I can use (3rd party kick drum pedals) or mods that I can do to get that feeling (the pedal moves around a lot and I get accidental but not intentional double triggers with it.

Thank you!

Offline Chaser

Re: Alesis CompactKit Bass Drum Pedal Mod
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 05:38:52 PM »
Hello!

I just got an Alesis CompactKit 7/Medeli DD315 drum set and so far I'm lovin the hell out it. However I do find the pedals (especially for the kick drum) too hard to get used to and my foot is looking for something that is closer to a real kick drum pedal.

Do you happen to know any alternatives I can use (3rd party kick drum pedals) or mods that I can do to get that feeling (the pedal moves around a lot and I get accidental but not intentional double triggers with it.

Thank you!

I finally located a manual  for the CompactKit as it seems you can't even download from alesis..

Kick   Input:
Connect   one   of   the   included footswitches  to  this  input.  When  you  press  the footswitch,   CompactKit   7   will   receive   the message  in  the  same  manner  as  it  does  when you hit a pad

Hi-Hat Input:
Connect one of the included footswitches to this input. If you hit the hi-hat pad while pressing the footswitch, it will produce a closed hi-hat sound. If you hit the hi-hat  pad  while  the  footswitch  is  up,  it  will  produce  an  open  hi-hat  sound.  If  you press  the footswitch without hitting a pad, it will produce a hi-hat pedal sound.

It's pretty vague but it looks like the pedal inputs are 1/4", open/close and the cable is incorporated into the pedal..you could try a DM Hat Pedal (NOT the RealHat Pedal) and cable.