Author Topic: Hi hat controller  (Read 2678 times)

Hi hat controller
« on: June 05, 2017, 11:02:55 PM »
Anyone here knows what hi hat controller is compatible with the alesis crimson? The hi hat controller it comes with isnt really that responsive and i want to upgrade.. Thanks

Offline rhysT

Re: Hi hat controller
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 08:49:47 AM »
Anyone here knows what hi hat controller is compatible with the alesis crimson? The hi hat controller it comes with isnt really that responsive and i want to upgrade.. Thanks

Apparently the Crimson module only provides open, closed and chick hi-hat sounds so your Realhat controller should not be the main limitation.
(refer to: http://community.alesis.com/alesis/topics/hi-hat-only-works-full-open-or-closed)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:15:10 AM by rhysT »

Offline Failed Muso

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 09:34:40 AM »
Worth pointing out that whilst the Crimson module does not produce anything other than open, closed and chick sounds, the RealHat pedal transmits continuous data and the Crimson module passes this data thru MIDI, so if you were using a RealHat (or Pro-X) controller with a Crimson kit connected to something like Superior Drummer 2, you would get the full range of available hi-hat sounds from that plug in.
Alesis Crimson Mesh Kit, Alesis DM10 Module, Alesis PercPad, Yamaha DTXpress Kit, Mattel Synsonics, Toontrack Superior Drummer 2

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 10:35:29 AM »
Thanks a lot! I was actually thinking about hooking my crimson kit to superior drummer  :)

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 01:05:00 PM »
Echoing the OPs question, does the GoEdrum controller play nicely with the Crimson?
Research tells me it works on the DM10 but I couldn't really find any info on the Crimson. I've already ordered it anyways, it was inexpensive enough to just take the plunge but I'm curious.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 02:32:18 PM by tmk21315 »
A2E 5-piece | Bum Wrap Drum Co maple burl wrap | Jobeky & UFO triggers | Drum-Tec real feel heads | Strike module | VH-11 + Strike cymbals | EZD2 + EZXs