Author Topic: Mad Catz Rock Band 3 MIDI PRO-ADAPTER for Wii  (Read 1874 times)

Mad Catz Rock Band 3 MIDI PRO-ADAPTER for Wii
« on: November 15, 2017, 08:37:05 PM »
I know this isn't exactly Alesis specifically, but I use it to play Rock Band with my DM10 Studio kit.

I cannot connect to my MIDI adapter, it worked for years. I thought maybe it died, so I bought a new one, no dice. I have a spare WII and plugged both in, nothing. Randomly two weeks ago, I plugged it in and it worked. Next day not.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Tried plugging and unplugging everything. The blue lights never turn on the adapter.

Online Hellfire

Re: Mad Catz Rock Band 3 MIDI PRO-ADAPTER for Wii
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 09:34:13 AM »
I know this isn't exactly Alesis specifically, but I use it to play Rock Band with my DM10 Studio kit.

I cannot connect to my MIDI adapter, it worked for years. I thought maybe it died, so I bought a new one, no dice. I have a spare WII and plugged both in, nothing. Randomly two weeks ago, I plugged it in and it worked. Next day not.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Tried plugging and unplugging everything. The blue lights never turn on the adapter.

This is a tough one. Keep in mind I'm just guessing base on past experience with other electronic devices. It sounds like a power supply problem. I realize the adapter doesn't have a power supply exactly, it does however get power via the USB bus. Make sure your USB contacts on both the Wii and the adapter are clean. If that doesn't work, you might have a bad power supply on your Wii. The power supply might be a little on the weak side, not effecting the console working, but it may not have enough to also power the USB bus. I hope that helps.

Re: Mad Catz Rock Band 3 MIDI PRO-ADAPTER for Wii
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 05:54:44 PM »
I appreciate the thought, I tried two adapters in two different WII's. I meant to try plugging it into an actual computer and see what happens.