Author Topic: Greetings from Michigan!  (Read 1264 times)

Greetings from Michigan!
« on: October 06, 2016, 02:21:50 PM »
Hello Alesis gear heads.   I've just entered the realm of e-drums.  I've been an acoustic kit player for 40+ years.  We recently moved to a new house that has absolutely no sound deadening.  If I breathe on my DW's too hard, my wife asks why I'm playing so loud (and that's being polite!).  I had the pleasure of borrowing a friend's Roland TD-20 kit for a month and was very surprised how they sounded.  I haven't played and electronic kit in 10 years.  I definitely did not want to spend the big bucks on a TD-20 or 30, so after much research, I ended up with a DM10X Mesh Kit.  I'll be using it for practice and home recording and so far I'm very impressed with it's capabilities.  I also purchased the ProX hi hats, but haven't added them yet.  Hopefully, the firmware download that's required will go smooth.  I see many forum members have startup issues, but maybe it's just a learning curve.  I'm sure I'll be posting a lot more once I get familiarized with all the settings.  Glad to be on board!!
Bill H

Offline Hellfire

Re: Greetings from Michigan!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 03:41:55 PM »
Hello Alesis gear heads.   I've just entered the realm of e-drums.  I've been an acoustic kit player for 40+ years.  We recently moved to a new house that has absolutely no sound deadening.  If I breathe on my DW's too hard, my wife asks why I'm playing so loud (and that's being polite!).  I had the pleasure of borrowing a friend's Roland TD-20 kit for a month and was very surprised how they sounded.  I haven't played and electronic kit in 10 years.  I definitely did not want to spend the big bucks on a TD-20 or 30, so after much research, I ended up with a DM10X Mesh Kit.  I'll be using it for practice and home recording and so far I'm very impressed with it's capabilities.  I also purchased the ProX hi hats, but haven't added them yet.  Hopefully, the firmware download that's required will go smooth.  I see many forum members have startup issues, but maybe it's just a learning curve.  I'm sure I'll be posting a lot more once I get familiarized with all the settings.  Glad to be on board!!
Bill H

Welcome to the forum Bill.