Author Topic: Crash Problems  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Iggford

Crash Problems
« on: March 01, 2017, 02:55:50 PM »
Hey, guys, I'm just wondering if this is something anyone else has encountered...

My two Crash cymbals are connected through the "Crash" (naturally) and "Perc2" inputs on my DM10.  I have been using the Alesis 12 Crash Cymbal pad on the "Crash" input, and I've switched to using the Alesis 12" Hi-Hat pad on the "Perc2" input since I have a Pro-X Hi-Hat and just royally hated the second crash that was included with the kit.

So the issue is this:  When playing, about 25% of the time, I can strike the pad connected to "Crash" and nothing happens.  I often strike both crashes at once, and they seem to both trigger.  I can play swells on it just fine.  It's just on stretches where I strike that pad alone that I have issues.

I've got two Roland pads that I use for a China and second Ride with effects, and I've tried subbing these in just to see if it's a defective pad.  No luck there, but I did have a bit better luck when I switched the Crash pad with the original Hi-Hat pad.  I though I had the problem solved, but once I started playing, I noticed the problem again.  It didn't seem to happen as frequently, but it was still there.

I've tried different trigger settings, with no substantial improvement, so I'm kind of at a loss as to what to try next.  Another thought I had was to move the Crash to a different input and see if that would help, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Any ideas of what could be causing this? 

-Shawn.

Offline Dobly

Re: Crash Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 04:05:57 PM »
If other cymbals work correctly on the 'crash' input then it issue is with the cymbal pad. Could be the jack input or something deeper. You might need to whip out a screwdriver and have a look.