Author Topic: Live sound  (Read 1209 times)

Live sound
« on: February 20, 2017, 12:21:52 PM »
I have been using my DM 10 Pro X Mesh kit for playing with my hobby band and have noticed when we are all playing the sound of my kit seems diminished in volume.  Loud enough when I play on my own but not during songs.  I am patched to the PA mixer via the fixed output from the DM10 (mono only).  The PA (Yamaha MG12XU).  House speakers are 4 Yorkdale active 3 way pa speakers and a Beringer Eurolive active speaker as a personal monitor.  Any suggestions to improve the presence and clarity of my live sound coming from the house speakers and my monitor?  We don't use a sound man so its tough to tweak the sound when we are all playing.
DM10 Pro X Mesh kit, Behringer Eurolive 1220 monitor, Tama Speed Cobra pedal, ProX hi hat, Pearl Throne Thumper

Re: Live sound
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 05:10:00 AM »
Sounds like compression in the board... probably keeping you from destroying it.

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 05:30:29 AM »
Hello imartin,
i think the sound output of the headphone pre-amps is much better than that routed to your normal outs. Give it try with an adapter for the connection to your PA. Most sounds need both channels (R+L) to really sound rich. Be careful with the volume settings on the pre-amped outputs!

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 09:59:50 AM »
Thanks!  I have been using one of the fixed level outputs to the board.  Will try L & R outputs from the variable outs or a stereo line from the headphones output.
DM10 Pro X Mesh kit, Behringer Eurolive 1220 monitor, Tama Speed Cobra pedal, ProX hi hat, Pearl Throne Thumper