Author Topic: Pro X hi-hat acting weird  (Read 1759 times)

Pro X hi-hat acting weird
« on: January 20, 2017, 02:43:13 PM »
Hi guys,

When I moved to a new place I've unmounted and remounted my DM8-Pro. However I can't get my ProX Hi-Hat to work properly anymore. It just sound weird and won't sound the choke as I want, etc. Yes, I've already reset, and I've also played with configuration.

One thing that I noticed though is that if I change the threshold settings to 0 or 1, there is a constant noise happening. Like if it triggers constantly.

Any ideas on what might be happening?

Thanks!

Offline AlanK

Re: Pro X hi-hat acting weird
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 04:02:37 PM »
here's a shot in the dark, don't laugh.. cuz I also just moved and finally began setting my drums back up

hi-hat was working but fairly unresponsive

as I was unpacking more gear, I found the spring piece that goes in between the hats! dohhhh

much better now.. so, you never know
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 04:13:06 PM »
as I was unpacking more gear, I found the spring piece that goes in between the hats! dohhhh

Ohhhh man! The spring piece!!  I can certainly tell I did not mount that one on. Will try as soon as I get back home. Feel free to laugh!

Offline AlanK

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 04:18:55 PM »
 :D   ;D   :P   ::)
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 08:52:41 PM »
That was it!! It worked

Thanks man, really appreciated

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 10:54:51 AM »
Not sure how relevant this is to the thread but;  after much tweaking of my Pro X to get decent sounds (bark, chick, half open closed, splash) I decided to switch back to my ReaHat for comparison.  What a surprise!  It worked much better than the Pro X and much better than it did before I got the Pro X.  Getting all the sounds and not having to work as hard for them; especially the half open sound which with the Pro X was difficult to achieve and frequently made a loud "snapping" sound during play.. Guess the tweaking which works for the Pro X works even better for the RealHat.  Now using my Pro X top as a splash and my original 10" crash as a hat.  Works great!
DM10 Pro X Mesh kit, Behringer Eurolive 1220 monitor, Tama Speed Cobra pedal, ProX hi hat, Pearl Throne Thumper

Offline korakios

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 06:57:32 AM »
While looking for dm10 firmware updates I found that Alesis has separate trigger firmware for real hat and pro x. Maybe there are some differences .

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 11:14:50 AM »
I downloaded the firmware update for the Pro X but it seems to improve the performance of the RealHat too.  I now fing the RealHat much more to my liking than it was before the update and I prefer it too the Pro X now as well.
DM10 Pro X Mesh kit, Behringer Eurolive 1220 monitor, Tama Speed Cobra pedal, ProX hi hat, Pearl Throne Thumper

Offline korakios

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 06:27:33 AM »
I downloaded the firmware update for the Pro X but it seems to improve the performance of the RealHat too.  I now fing the RealHat much more to my liking than it was before the update and I prefer it too the Pro X now as well.

Nice  :)
Don't forget to re-calibrate the pedal if it's not working as it should.

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 10:13:50 AM »
I do a re-calibration everytime I turn on the module.  Doesn't seem to remember lol....

Offline korakios

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2017, 08:44:33 AM »
I do a re-calibration everytime I turn on the module.  Doesn't seem to remember lol....

Is write protect off?

Utility->Sys->O/S->Mem

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2017, 10:38:55 AM »
Should it be off or on?

Offline korakios

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2017, 11:10:08 AM »
Should it be off or on?

It should be off ,meaning there is no write protection and can save the adjustments :)

(It's also described in detail on the manual ,on hi hat calibration )