Author Topic: DM6 Snare sensitivity varies  (Read 3126 times)

DM6 Snare sensitivity varies
« on: September 11, 2013, 09:45:26 AM »
Hello all.  I just bought my first DM6 (used).  I have only noticed a couple of issues so far.  The snare is way too quiet when hit in the middle.  I'd say it's a zone roughly 4-5" diameter.  Near the edge, the snare sounds like I expect, with a volume that sounds correct with the toms.  The rim shot sounds fine also.   The kick pad also sounds very quiet but it is across the entire pad.  I've swapped cables and pads to rule out problems with the dm6 module.
So my question is:  can these problems be fixed or do the trigger pads need to be replaced?
I searched and I haven't found any threads relating to this snare issue but my apologies if it has already been answered somewhere on the forum.

Thanks

Re: DM6 Snare sensitivity varies
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 03:50:24 PM »
bump

Offline Trondster

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 03:59:31 PM »
Have you tried opening the pad? It could very well be some worm rubber or similar inside the pad...
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

Offline bdt13334

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 10:53:36 PM »
Have you tried opening the pad? It could very well be some worm rubber or similar inside the pad...
I would definitely think this is the reason because you bought it used.

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 05:41:25 PM »
I've had this problem since I bought the Dm6 new. The variation (volume) isn't as noticeable if I give the pad a different sound other than a snare sound.