Author Topic: dual zone snare  (Read 7113 times)

dual zone snare
« on: November 04, 2010, 08:37:26 PM »
Hi i' using bfd2 software an alesis i/o and want to know how to wire up my peizo's to give me a seperate rim and head ability on my snare drum (i'm quite new to this so please bear with me) i need wiring instructions if possible.

Thanks in anticipation. Len.

Offline Hellfire

Re: dual zone snare
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 09:32:22 PM »
Hi i' using bfd2 software an alesis i/o and want to know how to wire up my peizo's to give me a seperate rim and head ability on my snare drum (i'm quite new to this so please bear with me) i need wiring instructions if possible.

Here you go:

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 05:39:06 AM »
Thanks very much Hellfire, this is the way i wired it so it must be down to software ajustments. I'm not sure yet wether or not bfd2 supports dual triggers, any ideas?

Len.

Offline vaikl

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 10:43:56 AM »
I'm not sure yet wether or not bfd2 supports dual triggers, any ideas?

BFD2 supports dual triggers by setting them up on the keymapping/automation page. You can easily map different triggers with different MIDI notes to different sounds. Drag a snare from the right icon window onto a triggered key on the left keyboard and then select (with right-click) which articulation (hit, rim, drag, flam etc.) you want to assign to this trigger.

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 04:40:43 PM »

Here you go:

Sorry to bump, but Hellfire, can you use this wiring technique for a dual-zone snare on the DM10 as well?
Rack: Roland MDS-20 [✓]
Module: Alesis DM10 [✓] + Alesis Trigger iO [ ]
Drums: KIK: Roland KD-8 [✓], SNR, TOM1, TOM2, TOM3, TOM4: DIY Cake Pan/Reflection Plate in CB Percussion Starter Kit [ ]
Cymbals: HH: ??? + Modded FD-7 Stand

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 04:47:26 PM »

Here you go:

Sorry to bump, but Hellfire, can you use this wiring technique for a dual-zone snare on the DM10 as well?
Yes. BTW, welcome to the forum rekleined.

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 10:20:10 AM »
Hello you guys, currently i have my single snare with the reflector plate method, where (in the snare) i have to put the other piezo to get the rim ?

Thanks. (sorry for my english)

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 03:16:24 PM »
Hello you guys, currently i have my single snare with the reflector plate method, where (in the snare) i have to put the other piezo to get the rim ?

Thanks. (sorry for my english)

Hey dnieel,

I too am looking to the answer for this question. I'm using a reflector plate version of the drop in cake pan if that helps. Where do I put the rim piezo for my snare?

ReKleiNed
Drums: KIK: Roland KD-8 [✓], SNR, TOM1, TOM2, TOM3, TOM4: DIY Cake Pan/Reflection Plate in CB Percussion Starter Kit [ ]

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 08:44:53 PM »

Here you go:

One more question...

That wiring diagram? For a single zone drum, but still using a TRS jack, do I just solder the head red wire to the tip and the black wire to the section close to the jack, then just ignore the middle section?

Thanks,

Elliott

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 08:58:02 PM »

Here you go:

One more question...

That wiring diagram? For a single zone drum, but still using a TRS jack, do I just solder the head red wire to the tip and the black wire to the section close to the jack, then just ignore the middle section?

Thanks,

Elliott
Yes, or you could get a TS (tip, sleeve) jack since you are making it a single zone trigger. A TS jack will not have the middle pin that you see on a TRS jack.