Author Topic: Adding foam to DM10 pads  (Read 2549 times)

Orangeblood

Adding foam to DM10 pads
« on: September 21, 2010, 09:45:50 PM »
I just finished adding some padding to my kick pad. I bought a koosy type material at Wallys in the home doormat section. It is thicker than a mouse pad and a little softer.

So far after playing for an hour it has made the kick quieter, and has made it feel softer...not at all like a acoustic kick, but much better than it was when I got it.

The foam they use on top is nothing more than the kids craft foam. It dents and does not come back to shape....which you guys already know. This stuff is just like beer can koozies, so it will come back after repeated hits.
The mats were $7 each..and should need 2 sheets for studio kit.

Try it I have a feeling you guys will be impressed. Im not a fan of mesh. although I might try what most of you have done.

I also picked up some 1/4" fuel line and re did my rims. Much better than stock stuff, softer and easier on wrists.

By the way....no triggering issues with the added foam. I did bring up the sensitivity from 20 to 32...but didnt really need to.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 12:09:44 AM by Orangeblood »

Offline Guinness

Re: Adding foam to DM10 pads
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 11:56:20 AM »
Did you rearrange the foam/reflection plate, or just add a layer of foam?

Orangeblood

Re: Adding foam to DM10 pads
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 12:00:39 PM »
Just added...

It's almost too soft after playing for a few days. I'm going to try the mesh upgrade. The snare is the biggest concern. As it is I'm lost going back and forth to my acoustic snares
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 11:18:33 PM by Orangeblood »