Author Topic: [CLOSED] DM10 module and DIY trigger issue  (Read 2240 times)

[CLOSED] DM10 module and DIY trigger issue
« on: July 05, 2016, 12:52:09 PM »
Hello,

I'm transforming my old acoustic drum into electronic drum. For that, I use triggers from R-Drum web site (1 for the head and 1 for the rim). I connect my triggers to a stereo jack, according this schema :

http://edrum.for.free.fr/static/pictures/MBalesiswiring.gif

When I connect my DIY pad to the DM10 module by using a stereo male/male jack, nothing append, I cannot ear anything. I tried a lot of configuration, without any success. I really don't know why it's not working. My DM10 module is brand new, I bought it on Drum-Tec web site, with mesh head for the pad. I strictly follow the instruction for doing the trigger from "V-Frum Tips" web site (excluded the trigger connection to the female jack).

Well, if anybody can help me, it will be great !
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 08:12:26 AM by tgaillard38 »

Offline rhysT

Re: DM10 module and DIY trigger issue
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 04:28:19 AM »
When I connect my DIY pad to the DM10 module by using a stereo male/male jack, nothing append, I cannot hear anything. I tried a lot of configuration, without any success. I really don't know why it's not working. My DM10 module is brand new, I bought it on Drum-Tec web site, with mesh head for the pad. I strictly follow the instruction for doing the trigger from "V-Drum Tips" web site (excluded the trigger connection to the female jack).

I'm not sure what your mean by connecting the DIY pad with a "stereo male/male jack" but you should only have to swap the head piezo red and black wires on the R-drums trigger bar jack (as shown in the extra wiring diagram).
I assume they've wired the head and rim sensors to function OK with a Roland module (using a TRS/stereo cable) and you should at least be able to trigger the snare rim sound of a DM10 kit.   
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 04:35:06 AM by rhysT »

Offline rhysT

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 08:25:59 PM »
One question: can you give us the wiring schema of the piezo to the jack connector ? I want to do the same, but I don't know how to wire the piezo.

There should be sufficient info in the previous wiring diagrams to connect the head & rim piezos for a DM10.
Just connect their red and black wiring to the TRS jack as shown for Alesis pads and check the TRS pins aren't being shorted by excess solder.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 08:34:54 PM by rhysT »

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 08:11:37 AM »
Thank you very much for your reply, but I found the issue !

It was a problem on the brand new DM10 module. It's a module bought on "Drum-Tec" web site, but it was a "return" module. The problem was the "trigger OS" weren't installed on the module...I update it, and now, it's working fine.
I understand now why it was a "returned" !! But it was a good deal because I payed it 200€ less the normal price.

Thanks again for your help ! I can close the post now !