Author Topic: *NEW* Alesis Strike "Zone" and Stike "Pro"  (Read 183870 times)

Online ChrisK

Re: *NEW* Alesis Strike "Zone" and Stike "Pro"
« Reply #875 on: February 19, 2017, 11:52:00 PM »
Keep Strike Topic.
but that doesn't mean other options from other manufacturers have to be excluded.

It was not related to you, but expanding this thread more then strike kit subject it wont end, others product with speculation included, how about talking ATV in this thread, reply after reply from others topic product it wont end, someone could open new thread instead, this was my point.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 12:52:02 AM by ChrisK »

Online Hellfire

« Reply #876 on: February 20, 2017, 11:42:24 AM »
It was not related to you, but expanding this thread more then strike kit subject it wont end, others product with speculation included, how about talking ATV in this thread, reply after reply from others topic product it wont end, someone could open new thread instead, this was my point.

Okay, cool down. The topic did not get knocked off topic. Sometimes topics stray a little. It's not a big deal. Had the discussion turned into many posts about something other than the Alesis strike I would have stopped it, but it didn't. So all is good. I'm not a topic Nazi. A post hear or there that strays a little is fine as long as it comes back to the main topic and it did.

On that note, I noticed that Guitar Center shows the Alesis Strike as coming out on March 2nd. I thought it was originally March 3rd. Was this moved up or did I remember wrong. Something else, March 2nd is only 2 weeks, when is Alesis going to release the manual? Normally that is released before that actual kit release so people can get an idea of what they are buying.

So, should we start a betting on the actual release date.  ;D

« Reply #877 on: February 20, 2017, 11:49:47 AM »
Everyone on this thread (including me!), is anxiously awaiting the release of the new Alesis kits, and the subsequent user reports, but that doesn't mean other options from other manufacturers have to be excluded.

Maybe also consider a Drumit-3 kit that 2box first revealed at Musikmesse in April 2015, so surely they'll have to release it soon if they want to gain some market share.
Thanks.  I emailed the Canadian distributor for info on the Drumit5, which appears to be the only kit available here.  The Strike kits are priced $2300 & $3000 here, plus 15% tax, while the TD25-KV is $3700.  The 2box seems interesting as well.  I'm in no rush though, so am going to optimize my TD11, and wait for reviews and user reports on the Strike kits, as they are potentially the best value.  Thanks again for the info!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 11:51:46 AM by 370lbgorilla »

Online ChrisK

« Reply #878 on: February 20, 2017, 01:58:14 PM »
s Alesis going to release the manual? Normally that is released before that actual kit release so people can get an idea of what they are buying.

Outside the manual also,  if there is no editor will means its not in the shipping package as well, normally they release the tools online..

« Reply #879 on: February 20, 2017, 03:25:47 PM »
On that note, I noticed that Guitar Center shows the Alesis Strike as coming out on March 2nd. I thought it was originally March 3rd. Was this moved up or did I remember wrong. Something else, March 2nd is only 2 weeks, when is Alesis going to release the manual? Normally that is released before that actual kit release so people can get an idea of what they are buying.

I have been getting almost weekly email updates on my pre order. They usually say, "Thank you for your recent order. We have yet to receive the out-of-stock item(s) noted below, but we have more on order with the manufacturer. We will ship them to you as soon as we receive them."

The last one I got a week ago said, "Thank you again for your recent order. Due to an unusually large response, we are temporarily out of stock on the item(s) you ordered. Additional quantities are on order and we expect them soon. Your order will receive priority upon receipt in the warehouse, and we expect to be able to ship your order within 30 days. We are very sorry for the delay and assure you that we are making every effort to speed your order to you."

Maybe looking into this to much but I'm hopeful it will ship in the next few weeks like it stated. As for the March 2nd/3rd date, I can't recall if it was the original date in March... I know others have reported getting a different email from GC about their shipment, I believe one person said the email they received showed a March 9th ship date.

Wondering if anyone has gotten any other updates like this?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 03:28:09 PM by Bdrummer13 »

Online ChrisK

« Reply #880 on: February 20, 2017, 03:29:06 PM »
"Thank you again for your recent order. Due to an unusually large response, we are temporarily out of stock on the item(s) you ordered. Additional quantities are on order and we expect them soon. Your order will receive priority upon receipt in the warehouse, and we expect to be able to ship your order within 30 days. We are very sorry for the delay and assure you that we are making every effort to speed your order to you."

This is due for large demand, first orders in the line\ first stock are already sold, need to wait a bit more for them to receive more quantity.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 05:36:32 PM by ChrisK »

Offline eratz

« Reply #881 on: February 21, 2017, 04:56:37 PM »
"Thank you again for your recent order. Due to an unusually large response, we are temporarily out of stock on the item(s) you ordered. Additional quantities are on order and we expect them soon. Your order will receive priority upon receipt in the warehouse, and we expect to be able to ship your order within 30 days. We are very sorry for the delay and assure you that we are making every effort to speed your order to you."

This is due for large demand, frist orders in the line\ first stock are already sold, need to wait a bit more for them to receive more quantity.

Do you think they will have "generations" of the strike setup / module?  I'm thinking let the first batch go out and see if users find a glaring defect and Alesis will correct on the next batch order from manufacturing...   :-\ ???
DM10X, Trigger I/O, Billy Blast II Ballistech Heads, Dampened Rack, Custom Tennis Ball Isolation Riser, Simmons DA200S,  Scarlett 2i2, Roland BT-1, Pintech Dingbats x2, DW 3000 Double Pedal, Extra Alesis Ride, Additional Alesis Crash cymbals, Roc-n-Soc Drum Throne.

"Hit 'em hard and hit 'em often

Offline rhysT

« Reply #882 on: February 21, 2017, 11:26:17 PM »
Do you think they will have "generations" of the strike setup / module?  I'm thinking let the first batch go out and see if users find a glaring defect and Alesis will correct on the next batch order from manufacturing...   :-\ ???

I would only expect possibly some new kits later on that could be imported into Strike via the proposed editor. Alesis are unlikely to modify or add features that differ from the original user manual.

Fwiw, I'll prob'ly keep fine tuning the DM10 kits and sharing updates for anyone else who doesn't see sufficient improvement in the Strike kits and is tempted to get a Mimic Pro or other module instead. I'm currently adding a subtle chorus effect to most of my 4-layer snare sounds and will circulate them soon.

« Reply #883 on: February 22, 2017, 06:33:53 PM »
Looks like GC moved back the available date to March 9th. Wonder if this is going to keep moving back.. >:(

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Alesis/Strike-Pro-Kit.gc

Online ChrisK

« Reply #884 on: February 22, 2017, 06:51:41 PM »
Looks like GC moved back the available date to March 9th. Wonder if this is going to keep moving back.. >:(

I think these date are approx still not fixed, these dates, normally are sent from Alesis.

« Reply #885 on: February 22, 2017, 07:02:52 PM »
Figured I would call GC and see what they said.. The customer service agent I talked to said they are not getting in till the end of March beginning of April. Sooooo more waiting, one day we will get to play this kit. I hope it will be glorious.

Online ChrisK

« Reply #886 on: February 22, 2017, 08:54:33 PM »
Figured I would call GC and see what they said.. The customer service agent I talked to said they are not getting in till the end of March beginning of April. Sooooo more waiting, one day we will get to play this kit. I hope it will be glorious.

Musicians friend now told, 03-29-2017, these are not Europe Release but US, Europe are later.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 10:04:59 PM by ChrisK »

Offline rhysT

« Reply #887 on: February 22, 2017, 10:37:43 PM »
Musicians friend now told, 03-29-2017, these are not Europe Release but US, Europe are later.

FYI, the Aussie Alesis distributor sent me this response to a recent inquiry about likely Strike kits availability:

"We are currently expecting Strike and Strike Expansion Pack (turns Strike into Strike Pro) Apr/May 2017".

Online ChrisK

« Reply #888 on: February 22, 2017, 10:58:22 PM »

FYI, the Aussie Alesis distributor sent me this response to a recent inquiry about likely Strike kits availability:

"We are currently expecting Strike and Strike Expansion Pack (turns Strike into Strike Pro) Apr/May 2017".

Yes, but in my opinion until in US is not released first, any other country date will wait,  consider pre order stock are already gone, expect more delay as stock available.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 11:06:38 PM by ChrisK »

« Reply #889 on: February 22, 2017, 11:50:01 PM »
This reminds me of the old saying, "A watched pot never boils".  Maybe if we all just look away for a minute or two.... ;)

Online ChrisK

« Reply #890 on: February 23, 2017, 11:03:23 AM »
I think until the manual are not online, nothing is in the warehouse distributor for shipping to retailers stores.

Online ChrisK

« Reply #891 on: February 24, 2017, 12:42:01 PM »
In Canada not available until June\ July.

« Reply #892 on: February 24, 2017, 07:19:11 PM »
In Canada not available until June\ July.
2017 I hope! :(

Online ChrisK

« Reply #893 on: February 24, 2017, 07:28:27 PM »
for sure it is 2017 )

« Reply #894 on: February 25, 2017, 03:43:14 PM »
I have pre ordered this kit but i find it awfull funny when i contacted Alesis about the availability of kit release they said they couldnt believe stores are taking preorders and could not confirm or deny the March 2 or 9 date. Very strange. Im sure its got something to do with a law suit from Roland they wanna protect their price point.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 03:51:46 PM by Johnagraham »

« Reply #895 on: February 25, 2017, 09:29:49 PM »
I'm sorta surprised at everyone's reaction to these dates not being solid.  We're only a year removed from this same hyperbole last year folks.  Even the proclamation from Texas Tim a month ago sounded like he was almost uncomfortable saying it out loud.  And, where's the announcement from Alesis for goodness sake?  You don't even have a manual out there yet - you have one demo kit and a video.  There's not even display kits en-route to the music stores - just ask and they'll confirm what I'm saying.

Better for your blood pressure to simply treat this as just a Winter NAMM 2016 repeat until something concrete actually becomes available.  I parked my expectations last June after six months of the silent treatment.  Anything before this June would be a bonus, but I'm not putting a dime down on anything until I personally see and play one somewhere.  Best you all follow suit and patiently hope for the best.

Offline rhysT

« Reply #896 on: February 25, 2017, 11:26:21 PM »
I parked my expectations last June after six months of the silent treatment.  Anything before this June would be a bonus, but I'm not putting a dime down on anything until I personally see and play one somewhere.  Best you all follow suit and patiently hope for the best.

Expectations improved for some of us last June when Pearl (& Slate) showed how to introduce a prototype module and then ramp it up six months later with these demos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSDJEMTiptw  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFeGUpz9Y1U
The Mimic Pro module should be worth its higher price tag and could also be available before the Strike kits.

No doubt Alesis have been trying to make Strike a more viable alternative to MImic Pro and TD-50, plus 2box could make it more interesting after April @ Musikmesse with their expected Drumit-3 module.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 04:40:35 PM by rhysT »

« Reply #897 on: March 02, 2017, 04:52:50 PM »
As I expected and gathered from my call to GC, the ship date has been moved back once again (3/29). This is more in line with what other retailers are saying for availability.

Online ChrisK

« Reply #898 on: March 02, 2017, 05:24:47 PM »
As I expected and gathered from my call to GC, the ship date has been moved back once again (3/29). This is more in line with what other retailers are saying for availability.

This could be the approx date  for US release, and in Canada June\July, but until no manual online in my opinion, nothing is shipped to retailed stores.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 05:28:26 PM by ChrisK »

« Reply #899 on: March 02, 2017, 10:13:58 PM »
These dates don't mean anything more today than they did all throughout 2016.  The mere coincidence that they may (or may not) correlate vendor by vendor, is really meaningless.

I also agree that until there's evidence of this being real via Alesis and a manual, it's all hearsay.