Author Topic: Keeping the dust off the the toms and snare  (Read 1540 times)

Keeping the dust off the the toms and snare
« on: February 02, 2016, 09:31:14 PM »
This is pretty basic, but works great and keeps any liquids and dust off the heads.

Because my kit resides in the garage and the door is constantly being open and I do wood work as a hobby.  Dust will always be in the garage. Also, because I cant always get out and play everyday, they end up sitting for a few days.
My solution was to use shower caps, they are water proof and dust proof and they fit 12" - 8" toms perfectly, come in a variety of colors too.  And they are cheap too, I picked these up at a dollar store.

The pattern is vivid, but so are drummers!

Offline eratz

Re: Keeping the dust off the the toms and snare
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 12:25:11 AM »
Don't forget the module! ;)
DM10X, Trigger I/O, Billy Blast II Ballistech Heads, Dampened Rack, Custom Tennis Ball Isolation Riser, Simmons DA200S,  Scarlett 2i2, Roland BT-1, Pintech Dingbats x2, DW 3000 Double Pedal, Extra Alesis Ride, Additional Alesis Crash cymbals, Roc-n-Soc Drum Throne.

"Hit 'em hard and hit 'em often

Offline AlanK

Re: Keeping the dust off the the toms and snare
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 08:24:30 AM »
what an awesome idea!
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers