Author Topic: DM6 DIY Hi Hat Control  (Read 2098 times)

DM6 DIY Hi Hat Control
« on: December 29, 2015, 05:02:48 AM »
Hi,
As mentioned in my intro. I am a little puzzled as to how the Hi Hat and Hi Hat controller is wired to the edrum kit. Have nil experience with edrums until now, I was wondering if someone could help me here. 
1. I plan to use an FSR for the hi hat control, but will this work with the DM6?
2a. Should the Hi Hat work when simply plugged in using a tip sleeve jack?
2b. or does it need the Hi Hat control to do some "magic" before it triggers?
3. Can i connect a pot to the Hi Hat control to test if it is working? (what value pot?}

Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Re: DM6 DIY Hi Hat Control
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 07:20:07 PM »
I have done some experimenting my self and also teased out some info in these forums.
Am I correct in assuming the Dm6 uses a switch across the tip and sleeve for the hihat  control  --  pins1 (tip), pin2 (ring), pin 14 (sleeve) on the db25 plug.
I have also connected a 100k pot to the hihat trs and found the the pot does control the hihat open/ close.
My quescion now is can an FSR be used to do the same as the pot?  My gut feeling is yes, but will it be sensitive enough?

« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 06:23:58 AM by Bruceaust »

Offline Trondster

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 02:46:15 AM »
The Dm10 pedal input uses a variable resistor, about 0-80kOhm - I don't know that much about the Dm6, though.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 06:28:05 AM »
Thanks  for that info.
I have dust ordered an fsr from eBay.
I will give it a go and report  back with my findings.

Offline ClaudioCas

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 03:40:42 AM »
Dm6 has not variable hihat, just open close switch type, so Alesis dm10 pedal or fsr will not work.