Author Topic: Hello! Finally got my new DM10 Studio!  (Read 4435 times)

Hello! Finally got my new DM10 Studio!
« on: March 10, 2011, 11:33:54 PM »
Hey everyone! I just received my new DM10 studio kit yesterday and wanted to pop in a say HI!  I've been creepin on the forums here for a while and I found a lot of useful information that helped me make my decision in what e-kit to buy.  I got to admit that last night after getting my kit set up I was pretty frustrated.  This is my first e-kit and I had so many trigger/crosstalk issues that I was about to go nuts.  But today after a couple hours of playing with the settings and tweaking things here and there, I was able to eliminate all my crosstalk problems and got everything to sound the way I want it.  Everything sounds excellent now, I am very impressed and pleased with this kit.  Its amazing what the DM10 module is capable of.  Here's a pic of my kit! I look forward to meeting you all!

Offline Hellfire

Re: Hello! Finally got my new DM10 Studio!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 12:28:37 AM »
Looks good. BTW, welcome aboard the forum jayesingles.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 10:01:42 PM »
Looks good.   I do like that 4 leg design!

welcome to the forum.

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 11:43:13 PM »
Thanks guys! Im loving the way the new 4 leg stand looks too, and a Thanks to you Hellfire to doing the review you did on the DM10, it was really helpful!

Offline KnipeDrums

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 08:15:39 AM »
Hey Man, Nice kit, good luck with it.
Yamaha DtxTreme 3, Roland SPD30

www.KnipeDrums.com
www.DTXDrummers.com

Offline Trilogy72

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 12:19:15 AM »
Very nice! I really like the updated 4 post rack. How stable is it?
Yamaha DTXtreme - Pearl DR80 Drum Rack - Pearl Mesh Heads - Steven Slate Drums - EZdrummer - Presonus Studio One.

Offline vtdrummer

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 07:56:11 AM »
Very nice! I really like the updated 4 post rack. How stable is it?

My 4 post rack is very stable... love it!
DM10 Studio 2011 w/Surge Cymbals added, BB Mesh head conversion w/rubber muffs at bottom, one 12" A-E pad, Simmons DA200S, sometimes using 2 satellite speakers... Simmons SDMP-1 Multi-pad.
See my DIY 12" Acoustic to E-Drum project post here: http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=1227

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 04:40:22 PM »
Did you run seperate cables to the ride to get it all the way to the right?  The Alesis-provided harness wouldn't let me run it that far.

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 10:21:50 PM »
Did you run seperate cables to the ride to get it all the way to the right?  The Alesis-provided harness wouldn't let me run it that far.

I also have my ride to the far right and found that the Ride cables reached but it didn't leave much slack on the wires. So I cut all the cables out the rubber cable wrap (which already gave an extra 6" or so to each cable), and then re-assigned the cables to make the most out of their lengths.

If you're concerned about over-taught wiring, or want a more radical kit setup, then I'd say this solution is a no-brainer.  :D

Offline BH

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 09:26:41 PM »
Very Nice jayesingles!! ;D