Author Topic: Strike Pro User Kit - No headphone sound??  (Read 1111 times)

Strike Pro User Kit - No headphone sound??
« on: March 06, 2018, 02:33:51 PM »
Hi All,

I'm fairly new to the strike kit, had it for about a week and loving it so far!  I tried to save some of my custom trigger settings to a new user kit as described in the manual, but when I switch to the new user kit I am not getting any sound out of my headphones, however in the preset kits they are fine.

I figure there must be somewhere that I need to change the settings for user kits to go to HPH out? But I can't find it anywhere...any help would be truly awesome!  I'm sure it's something really dumb that I'm overlooking LOL  :-[

Offline Purpledc

Re: Strike Pro User Kit - No headphone sound??
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 10:59:00 AM »
if you save a kit to your user kits and you find there is no volume then I think there might be a problem.    What I would do Is go the the preset kit you want to save and then save it in your user kits before you do any tweaks.  That way you can see if it was just a setting that accidentally was tweaked or if its a problem with your module. 

Now remember that when you save a user kit it uses the same name it was named before.   And to save you have to back out of your editing menus so that you can see the digital drum set.  Then press save and it will ask to confirm or change the name.   if you just pressed save while you were in the editing menus then it didn't actually save.   And then when you go into user kits you may have selected the only kit in that folder called "new user kit"   this is actually a blank slate to start making a new set and thus wont have any sounds assigned to any pads.   

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 11:22:51 AM »
Ahhh ok yeah I think what I saved was "new user kit" and I changed it to something like "new user kit 001"...but maybe that's the blank slate one that you mentioned!  I will check that out as soon as I have a minute, thanks!

Offline Purpledc

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 09:01:05 AM »
Yeah the best way to do it is to pick a preset kit that you like a lot but might want to change a few things and while in that kit hit save.   It will ask you to confirm and after that it will save a version on your USB card.   Then you hit the button on the right called "user" and it takes you to any kits you have saved.  Then whenever you make a change and want to save it hit kit so that you see the drum set and hit save.   Going to the "new user kit" in your module is only for when you want to create a kit from scratch and put in each instrument yourself.  Which by the way given how the menus work and no global save you better set aside a good week and a half and you also better stock up on water and food rations.   And that's just to build the kit.  If you want to add reverb as well as eq or compression you are gonna be old and grey before you see the end of that quest.   I seriously would start with a kit that gets you the closest to what you want.   Don't change velocity settings until you actually are sure you are keeping an instrument.  Because those will revert to stock any time you change the instrument.