Author Topic: DM10 Studio updater; can't find .dmg file for Mac  (Read 1476 times)

DM10 Studio updater; can't find .dmg file for Mac
« on: January 14, 2018, 05:18:45 AM »
Hi guys, new user here and thanks in advance for any help. I've just become the owner of a lightly used DM10, not sure how old it is but serial number starts:
(21) A2110211...

I don't think it's ever had a firmware upgrade so I'm trying to do that but not having much luck. My computer is MacBook Pro 13" running IOS 10.13.1

I've downloaded the DM10 firmware updates (dated 8/5/2014!!, not promising) and am trying to follow the instructions but cannot find the .dmg file??! I click on the 'DM10 Updater 1.00' and it opens up the application box but that's it. Doesn't show as an app in Finder and I can't drag it to the Applications folder. I've searched the forum using appropriate terms but can't find anything on this issue. This could mean either:

1- I'm doing something completely and obviously wrong and am a complete muppet (please put me out of my misery)
2- It's an age old problem which everyone's so sick of that it's a taboo subject and won't be discussed further
3- It's a new problem and has never affected anyone else before (I guess unlikely)

I'm really grateful for any suggestions. Thanks again

Offline Chaser

Re: DM10 Studio updater; can't find .dmg file for Mac
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 03:44:36 PM »
Hi guys, new user here and thanks in advance for any help. I've just become the owner of a lightly used DM10, not sure how old it is but serial number starts:
(21) A2110211...

I don't think it's ever had a firmware upgrade so I'm trying to do that but not having much luck. My computer is MacBook Pro 13" running IOS 10.13.1

I've downloaded the DM10 firmware updates (dated 8/5/2014!!, not promising) and am trying to follow the instructions but cannot find the .dmg file??! I click on the 'DM10 Updater 1.00' and it opens up the application box but that's it. Doesn't show as an app in Finder and I can't drag it to the Applications folder. I've searched the forum using appropriate terms but can't find anything on this issue. This could mean either:

1- I'm doing something completely and obviously wrong and am a complete muppet (please put me out of my misery)
2- It's an age old problem which everyone's so sick of that it's a taboo subject and won't be discussed further
3- It's a new problem and has never affected anyone else before (I guess unlikely)

I'm really grateful for any suggestions. Thanks again

The updater opens/installs .syx files and there is an order to follow.
Here is the link for the procedure
http://www.alesis.com/kb/article/1558#update_instructions

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 07:44:06 PM »
Thanks Chaser but that's exactly what I've been trying to do. The Mac instructions advise to open the dmg file but I can't find it. When I double click the 'DM10 Updater 1.00' I get this. It looks like the app but doesn't have the menu bar with "File", "Midi interface" and "Help" and therefore I can't set the Midi interface to the DM10. See attached screen shot.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 08:59:11 PM »
These updater's are years old....most show they were written in 2009..and Alesis have just updated trigger settings/sounds over the years.so more than likely you're running MacOS and these were written for OSX (32 bit) probably Lion and older....
The only recomendation I have is first check to see whats actually in the module..and if it isnt current or are for the mylar kits with Reahat pedal and you are going to use mesh heads with the Pro-X Hi hat then find a PC or an older Mac to update.
That what Alesis will tell you what to do if you ask on their forum....actually they'll just recommend using a PC

Current
http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=6828.0