Author Topic: PRISM Electronic Drum Products  (Read 2793 times)

Offline Chaser

PRISM Electronic Drum Products
« on: April 06, 2017, 03:40:51 PM »
"We jumped on the scene to add flexibility to a electronic drum market that was built to appeal to the masses. We offer top quality components that are 100% handed tested."

https://www.prism-products.us/home

Online Hellfire

Re: PRISM Electronic Drum Products
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 03:55:20 PM »
"We jumped on the scene to add flexibility to a electronic drum market that was built to appeal to the masses. We offer top quality components that are 100% handed tested."

https://www.prism-products.us/home

Kind of cool I guess, but "...components that are 100% hand tested." I'm sorry but, that's a little lame. Can't say "Hand built" or "Made in the USA" because none of that would be true. Let's just say 100% hand tested. After all we had to test the stuff before we can sell it.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 03:58:34 PM by Hellfire »

Offline Chaser

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 04:17:05 PM »
Agreed...hate to buy something 100% hand tested with stick marks all over it etc...lol

I had a meeting this morning with Billy Blast while picking up some mesh heads for a custom build....3 ply mesh are now Patented and still for sale..dual ply Black will be out in July..
The patent approach was a little different..patented in China first
when I asked about Roland he said "they are done"..Patent ends and you'll be see a lot more E-drum kits..
The Prism name came up..

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 12:50:42 PM »
According to Helfire patent was the system used with a Mesh, not the mesh themself.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 02:24:28 PM »
According to Helfire patent was the system used with a Mesh, not the mesh themself.

Roland threatened/filed a law suit a couple years ago against Billy Blast for selling Ballistech II mesh heads (which originally were for acoustic drums..then eventually e-drummers started using them..)..Billy Blast never sold E-drum systems  ..
Sales were discontinued..now 3 Ply mesh heads are now patented/distributed by Billy Blast.
"ZL" shows Asian/China issued patent. when registration process is completed in Western nations it will probably then show CN.

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 02:36:33 PM »

Roland threatened/filed a law suit a couple years ago against Billy Blast for selling Ballistech II mesh heads (which originally were for acoustic drums..then eventually e-drummers started using them..)..Billy Blast never sold E-drum systems  ..
Sales were discontinued..now 3 Ply mesh heads are now patented/distributed by Billy Blast.
"ZL" shows Asian/China issued patent. when registration process is completed in Western nations it will probably then show CN.

Yes he sell edrum system http://billyblastdrums.easystorecreator.com/items/New-Blastech-Drums/list.htm

probably because he was starting using them with edrum, not only as stand alone, this is what Helfire explain me with the edrum system and mesh together, but he may be wrong too!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 05:05:42 PM by ChrisK »

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 08:54:36 PM »
drumt-tec said the same things, they can sell to US now all their kits with mesh head, did you think ALL patents from Roland past 20 years are now over?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 09:01:24 PM by ChrisK »