Author Topic: Hello To All!  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Iggford

Hello To All!
« on: August 29, 2016, 03:42:29 PM »
Hello!  I just wanted to (finally) introduce myself.  I've been kind of lurking around for a few months, reading opinions and advice.  After some time of reading and listening to everything everyone had to say, I purchased a DM10 Studio kit back in February.

So here's a bit of history about me.  I began playing drums about 18 years ago, while I was in college.  I started out on an acoustic set, and back in '01, I took the plunge into the world of electronic drums.  This was mainly due to the apartment that I lived in and a work schedule that left me only really able to play at night.  I had a Roland TD-6 kit that I loved, and replaced after losing it in a fire in '08.  I had always just played by myself, for fun, occasionally jamming with a friend on guitar here and there, but no real band experience. 

Last July, I ran across a band looking for a drummer with e-drums experience.  So I tried out and I've been with them ever since.  We're a group of guys with full-time jobs and families (mine growing again here in a few months), so we're off to a bit of a slow start.  We're still looking for that first paying gig, but we've played some private parties for various friends of the band, trying out some unique experiments to better mold our sound and show experience.  We've gotten some positive feedback on a couple of our experiments and the fact that, as a band, we are able to dial in a volume level that will fit some local places that can't have full-on bands playing because of noise problems.  So now we're more aggressively seeking gigs, and even have a blues competition coming up next month that will surely help our exposure.

Anyway, enough rambling from me.  I felt compelled to introduce myself and finally start making some posts because I came across some very helpful info in, well, several areas, but the one that really looks to become a lifesaver for me is Hellfire's post on XTalk settings for the DM10.  I really enjoy playing my Alesis kit, and I knew going in that there wasn't going to be quite as much "out of the box" satisfaction as I got from my Roland kits.  I also knew that, with enough effort, it can be everything I need it to be.  I am very interested in upgrading once the Strike Pro kit becomes available, but I am very satisfied with my current choice until that time comes around.  I wanted to thank you for the great information that you take the time to share, and I will do my best to learn the ins-and-outs of this module, and hopefully be able to make some contributions myself, even this late in the game.

Sorry for the long story.  I tend to get going and not know where to end it!

Online Hellfire

Re: Hello To All!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 05:29:19 PM »
Welcome aboard the forum Iggford! I'm glad you found alesisDrummer helpful. It all about getting as much as we can from our edrums.