Author Topic: Never introduced myself.  (Read 2894 times)

Never introduced myself.
« on: December 15, 2009, 11:38:42 PM »
I just wanted to take a few minutes and introduce myself formally here at DMdrummer.com.

I go by the name of Matt, I am from Florida and I love my Alesis kit. You know there is a lot of stipulation on what is "the best" and everyone thinks "Roland" is the best in the consumer market. I disagree, Roland is awesome but very very overrated and over priced. Who cares though, Im not here to talk about Roland. I have plenty of good things to say about Alesis instead.

One more thing though I dont understand, Alesis uses more expensive parts for some of their gear but still cost less then the competition.. I dont like people who take advantage of the market, and Roland does this.

However, Roland does make some decent products but the hardware is no better then Alesis. I dont care who you are, you WILL NOT bust these real mylar heads.
Anyways, Alesis for the win!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 11:43:25 PM by MKitch »

Re: Never introduced myself.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 11:41:03 PM »
oh, I was introducing myself.. Im 23, new to drumming. I have been a DJ for 6 years though. I also create drum and bass/breakbeat/trance tracks. I am a computer wiz and I love technology, especially electronics.

If I can be  help in any way just ask. I am in the learning curve myself, but it's always good to get tested.  ;D

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 12:32:20 AM »
Welcome aboard Matt. I think the DM5 pro kit is a good kit and nothing can touch it at its price point.

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 12:35:29 AM »
yeah man I got it for 375 bucks and it's mint condition. Personally, I dont like these rubber cymbals. I'll upgrade eventually.

I just know if I do get the surge with dual trigger and choke I wont have room on the module for a new snare and real hi-hat.