Author Topic: Hello again from germany  (Read 1240 times)

Hello again from germany
« on: September 18, 2016, 05:23:13 AM »
 :) :)  ;) ;D
Hello again

it´s been a year ago, when i first asked my questions regarding e-drumming and Alesis Products. I´m from germany, quite old (much younger heart, looking 8)) and a multi intrumentalist.
Although i read many complaints about Alesis, their products, the issues, not hearing to their community, and so on, there are also voices the claims, you get much value for the money. And with a little effort, you´ll get good results.
Glad i got a used small no-name e-drum to practise, for a year now. Because NOW i have a bigger budget and NOW there are some new kits from Alesis to choose: the dm10x mesh – the crimson, (but maybe also an yamaha).  The most important factor for me, still choosing from Alesis, ist the very good look of their products. Sorry, that may sound a bit strange, but it is like it is.

So please folks, in what categorie in this forum can i post my detailed questions about which kit to buy.?

Cheers
Karlchen

not important, but who wants to read my post´s over a year ago
http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=6058.0
http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=6096.0
i´ve got a bigger car now – so the kit i´ll buy can be a bit bigger now.

Offline Sal

Re: Hello again from germany
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 03:15:59 PM »
Welcome back! You can probably get a good deal on a DM10 mesh seeing as it's an older setup and may be replaced by the Strike kits (not to mention the Crimsons themselves).

Does anyone round these parts have an sticks-on experience with the Crimson kits!? They look nice at least.
Here this whole time I thought you were the troll with a heart of gold. Instead you're just a troll with a real troll's heart.

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 04:35:52 AM »
Thank you Sal
(always happy to get response  :))

i know the DM´s are used available and for good prices in germany. Maybe look here as well - their is a user Stratocaster who likes the crimson: http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=6775.0

Offline Iggford

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 03:45:04 PM »
Welcome back! You can probably get a good deal on a DM10 mesh seeing as it's an older setup and may be replaced by the Strike kits (not to mention the Crimsons themselves).

Does anyone round these parts have an sticks-on experience with the Crimson kits!? They look nice at least.

I tried out a Crimson kit at Guitar Center back in January, before purchasing my DM10 Mesh.  It really didn't seem too bad after what little bit of time I was able to spend with it.  The larger pads were nice, but not a dealbreaker for me, as my old kit was comprised of mostly 8" rubber pads.  However, I wanted the extra Tom that the DM10 kit had, and from my first impression, I felt like the DM10 would be a better fit for me.

All in all, though, the Crimson felt to me like a solid kit.  I did really like the look of it, a very attractive kit.  The pads were very responsive.  I wasn't quite as impressed with the sounds coming from it, but there could have been several factors in that, between settings being changed around and the monitor they had it connected to.