Author Topic: Strike Pro cover recorded with iRig2 and Samsung S7 Edge  (Read 2695 times)

Strike Pro cover recorded with iRig2 and Samsung S7 Edge
« on: December 30, 2017, 09:28:46 AM »
I've been having a blast with my Strike Pro kit so I decided to figure out how to record with them. After a bit of research I opted to record using an iRig2 along with my Samsung and I'm pretty happy with the results. It was cheap and easy. The following are my first two attempts, I'm sure with practice and a little tweaking I'll get better sound. Anyway, its the holidays and you can't go wrong with a glass of wine and an Alesis Strike Pro to pass the time...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4nj54eo0m4k6s7/Riot.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r45bnsgm6ti9wy7/ComeHome.mp4?dl=0

Offline Iggford

Re: Strike Pro cover recorded with iRig2 and Samsung S7 Edge
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 11:22:55 AM »
Very nice!  I absolutely love "Riot in Cell Block #9."  Have that one on an old Blues Brothers compilation album, and it's one of my favorites.  Great playing in both videos!

This makes me that much more excited to get my Strike in February.  Thanks for sharing!

---
Shawn.

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 11:34:08 AM »
Thanks Shawn, amazing how technology allows us to have so much fun! I've really been enjoying the Strike Pro and I'm sure you will as well. Have fun, take your time getting it to where you want it and then play away! Rock and Roll and Happy New Years!

Offline AlanK

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 02:05:37 PM »
Wow, that was a great couple of videos! Sound and image quality was awesome and your playing was so tight, you're right in the pocket  8)

And those impish glances you'd make up at the camera made it all the more entertaining! Really makes it enjoyable to see you having such fun playing. Keep up the great work! Your kit sounds awesome brother
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline DannyM

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 03:54:24 PM »
Great video !! I dig your dog in in the clip next to the kick drum enjoying your playing. My dog too will sit and watch me play.

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 12:10:12 PM »
I really enjoyed that. It's amazing how Cell Phone Camera quality has improved to capture a great looking video along with a simple audio interface compared to what you would have had to do 5 years ago.
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 09:22:46 PM »
Thank you Th3R00st3r, and I agree amazing how far cell phones have come over the last few years. Same with electronic drums, I remember a few years back I tried a Yamaha kit and did not like the feel and sound at all. Now a days its a different story. I can't wait to see what the future brings.

Offline Dobly

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 06:04:39 AM »
Really good video man. Nice tight and tasteful playing too. 

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 05:57:37 PM »
Really fun videos. Nice playing brutha!

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2018, 07:47:44 AM »
Always a lot of fun when I get behind the kit. Thanks!