Author Topic: Pearl Mimic Pro  (Read 1972 times)

Pearl Mimic Pro
« on: December 28, 2017, 06:20:43 PM »
I have DM10X kit and recently broke down and invested in a PEral Mimi PRo module to replace the DM10 module.

Why?  Simple, to get better dynamic articulation and dramatically improved sounds as well as more expansion, better future-proofing, and etc.  Alesis unfortunateley has failed to show any interest in either improving the DM10 or even selling the new Strike Pro module to use with an existing DM10 kit.  Had Alesis made the Strike Pro module available at a reasonable price I certainly would have upgrade my kit with that instead but, instead, I was forced to buy a whole new kit, which simply doesn't make sense to me.

Since there isn't much out there on using a Pearl Mimic Pro with Alesis triggers, specifically DM10 mesh kit triggers, I thought I would start something and hopefully find someone else taking the same journey.  Rest assured, so far the journey has been surprisingly easy to take and very rewarding.  My DM10 kit's playability is dramatically improved while the drum sounds are also top notch.  So far the only thing I have missed is a built-in tambourine sound, which I will correct with what?, a simple wav file addition, if necessary or MIDI patch to my Korg synth or even back to the DM10 if I get desperate.

And in case you are wondering, yes I bought and tried the Bluejay sound set, which did offer better drum sounds but lacked China cymbals, really?, and didn't even work with Alesis's own PRo-X Hihat upgrade, which was unbelievable and forced my return of the software for a refund.

So is there anyone else out there using a Pearl Mimic Pro with Alesis triggers? 

if not, anyone thinking about doing so?  If so, please know it works.  Heck the Pearl Cymbal triggers are the same things anyway.

Re: Pearl Mimic Pro
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 04:23:37 PM »
I'm seriously considering replacing my strike pro module with one of these. I think it would rectify most if not all the hihat issues. I'm still waiting for my Go edrum hihat controller to arrive to test that with the kit, but if that doesn't help I'll probably sell the strike module and buy the mimic. I do use SD3 which sounds great, and I do also kinda like some of the electronic kits in the strike module like the Dubstep one to mess around with, so giving up those for the mimic would be a bummer.

Re: Pearl Mimic Pro
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 10:33:13 PM »
I'm thinking about it. Have anyone used Superior or Addictive drums and the PMP? I would be interested on how the PMP sounds/dynamics compare with those options. I can dial in a Bonham sounding kit on Addictive drums.