Author Topic: Long Time Roland Player Moving to Alesis DM10 MKII Pro Kit  (Read 2117 times)

Long Time Roland Player Moving to Alesis DM10 MKII Pro Kit
« on: September 08, 2017, 10:45:32 AM »
Hey all,

Terrible garage dungeon drummer here.   Been playing for 15 years, first 5 or so on Hart Dynamics Studio 5.3 with a Roland TD-6 and the last decade or so on a Roland TD-3 with a TD-9 Module.  Still regretting the life necessitated downgrade from the Hart to the TD-3 and am stepping back up to all mesh with an in route DM10 MKII Pro. 

Any hints, tips, tricks etc for a Roland convert?

Offline Iggford

Re: Long Time Roland Player Moving to Alesis DM10 MKII Pro Kit
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 12:15:49 PM »
I switched to the Alesis DM10 almost 2 years ago after playing a Roland TD-6 for 15 years.  The biggest adjustment I really ran into was the fact that there is more out-of-the box tweaking necessary to get the DM10 performing to your liking.  I definitely don't mean this in a bad way, though, as I've had a lot more room to make a huge difference in the sound and feel of the kit.

I don't regret my purchase at all.  As an added bonus, if you still have some of your Roland pads, they integrate perfectly into the DM10 kit. 

I don't know much about the DM10 MKII, but if it's like the older DM10, you should be in for a great experience.

--Shawn

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 04:14:18 PM »
Thanks for the input Shawn.  Change is always scary, but I do like what I've seen thus far. 

I haven't sold off the old kit yet, so it's good to know that there's some compatibility here.  Maybe I'll hold on to a couple of PD-8's to play around with. 

Offline Iggford

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 04:17:00 PM »
They're good to have for a little expansion.  I've actually kept 3 of my Roland cymbals, as well as a Yamaha 8" pad that I had added to my TD-6 kit before I upgraded.  I used the mesh snare from that kit as a second kick drum also. 

I was also happy that the pads integrated so seamlessly with my Alesis kit.  It gave me some versatility that I wouldn't have had otherwise.

--Shawn

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 06:45:20 PM »
I researched what I wanted to do an ended up choosing the DM10. I like it so far and that's saying allot because I hate eDrums LOL.
Maybe it'll grow on me. One thing is that I know there's a firmware update for the DM10 module (mine at least) and if it hasn't had it yet try and get it apparently it makes it way more awesome or something. The guy I got mine from already did the update but yea, something to think about.